Gibson Brands Forums

Using a Fender Twin Reverb 65 reissue or a Fender Blues Deville tweed 4 by 10 to play Led Zeppelin

jalexquijano

I love Led Zeppelin specially the sound Jimmy Page brings out of his les paul on The Song Remains the same soundtrack, owning the following amps:

Fender Twin Reverb 65 Reissue (2 by 12 Jensen)

Fender Blues Deville Tweed (4 by 10 Fender)

What overdrive should i purchase to get that nice overdriven sound? Will the Fulltone OCD V.4 work?

I have a Boss Blues driver and it doesnt say much.

Please advice. I recently purchased a 2004 gibson Les Paul standard 50s neck with burstbucker pro pickups and want to this baby wailing.

Either one...it's more about technique, than Amp! Having said that, I've always preferred Marshall/LP combination,

for "Zep" stuff. But, you could use Marshall's "Guv'Nor Plus" pedal, and get really close, with a Fender amp. I've

used that combination (Twin Reverb & Marshall pedal) for a long time. Sold my Marshall Major (full stack) decades ago.

It sounded fantastic, but was way too much amp for what I do now, and the venues I play in. Thinking about getting

a 40 watt Marshall combo, but...I really don't need it. Actually, a "Deluxe Reverb" would be plenty, for me, anymore.

CB

Either one...it's more about technique' date=' than Amp! Having said that, I've always preferred Marshall/LP combination,

for "Zep" stuff. But, you could use Marshall's "Guv'Nor Plus" pedal, and get really close, with a Fender amp. I've

used that combination (Twin Reverb & Marshall pedal) for a long time. Sold my Marshall Major (full stack) decades ago.

It sounded fantastic, but was way too much amp for what I do now, and the venues I play in. Thinking about getting

a 40 watt Marshall combo, but...I really don't need it. Actually, a "Deluxe Reverb" would be plenty, for me, anymore.

CB[/quote'] What about using a Boss Blues Driver overdrive pedal or a Fulltone OCD pedal

What about using a Boss Blues Driver overdrive pedal or a Fulltone OCD pedal

Yeah, I use one of those a LOT! Not usually for "Zep" tones....but, I suppose with a little

tweaking/experimenting, you could get something decent. You could even combine them,

with a bit different voicing from each, to get what you want. I've done that, a lot, too...

using different OD or Distortion pedals, for their own specific colorations/strengths. Works

out quite well, a lot of the time. Plus, if you really get it dialed in, you can use both, or one

or the other, from song to song, as needed.

And...it's correct, that Page was a "tweaker," in the studio, and used a lot of different

amps/guitar combinations. Most of which, had little or nothing to do, with his actual

"Live Stage" setup, except the guitars themselves. That's pretty common, though.

Good luck, and have fun "experimenting!"

CB

Archived