Gibson Brands Forums

Have European Dark Fire buyers received their guitars yet?

stevezapp

I've just sold my GOR first run, as I just didn't get on with her, so i'm thinking of springing for a DF (as I liked the technology, but not the guitar).

Have European Dark Fire buyers received their guitars yet?

I made the mistake of buying the GOR from the States without playing one, so I want to get my hands on a DF before I make the decision.

Oh, are the DF's chambered?

I'm kind of curious. How many dark fire guitars would Gibson be able to produce in, say, one week? Not that I'm holding anyone to any dates at the moment, but if there was a production run in May, what would be a reasonable time to expect delivery of guitars after that point?

The more significant factor will be the shipping method employed. Its very typical to place 2000 guitars bound for Europe / UK in two shipping containers - the type that travels the high seas - one bound for Liverpool, the other bound for Hamburg. - Pending no piracy this adds about a month to the delivery date. But travel by Air will take a week due to processing/ customs / etc.

Interesting point. So, if we consider a worst case scenario for shipping and a best case scenario for a production run, then sometime in June would be reasonable? Again, not trying to get actual dates. Just playing around with hopes and dreams.

Look lads, they'll arrive when they arrive. We can either wait or get something else.

I think our very good and helpful friend, elantric, is getting a bit fed up with us.

mind you, the fact they have to celebrate independance day every year shows you how surprised they are at getting one over the brits! bit like the australians, but at least they fly our flag still and know where their bread is buttered.

Not that I'm complaining' date=' but how does elantric know so much?[/quote']

He uses his eyes to read and brain to take in information.

A trait a lot of us have disbanded for the ease of asking someone like 'Elantric'.

Thanks Elantric

Am a little clearer

might have guessed it would have something to do with a conspiracy theory and illuminati!

am surprised that the Priory of Sion didn't get mentioned in the page contents.

A link here for anyone thats interested in reading about the priory of sion.

Makes for a good lunchtime read!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priory_of_Sion

Hey Guys.

Still no news of progress?? On the other hand if every day newbugs delaying the delivery progress, we are not out of S**T. Finally I bought a Fender American serie VG stratocaster. My dealer assured me that unlike the UK and european " Dark Air Fire" there was a week of waiting. I spoke with humor of course :)

Still can't believe the complete lack of any info on the Gibson website. We all seem to be getting what little info we have from this forum, but there is NOTHING official. How long would it take for Gibson just to list what is wrong and ROUGHLY how long it will take before they ship?

I know that they have ended up with egg on their faces because they tried to launch before the DF was ready (bet someone got canned for that one), but surely its just common courtesy that, when you have THOUSANDS of customers waiting, you let them have at least SOME information.

Gibson, do you actually care about your customers, or are you some faceless corporation just looking to take our cash?

Confirmed - May 2009 for the next Production run.

1. Confirmed where exactly? - No mention on the website that I can find

2. That's when they are going to start making them, when will us poor devils on this side of the Atlantic get them? Will they finish the 2000 for the USA first, or will the first ones come over the pond as we have had none so far? Will these be new builds or the original ones with the bugs fixed? - Still LOTS of questions with no answers.

This is not a dig at you Elantric, merely a somewhat frustrated response to the shoddy treatment we customers have received from a company we used to trust and respect. I currently own 3 Gibsons and have sold 2 others. When you add these five to the DF, I have spent what I consider to be a large sum of money with Gibson and am now being treated with contempt.

Gibson MUST make an official announcement - SOON!

I too look forward to an official announcement from Gibson to answer some of those questions. But on the upside, a confirmed date for a production run is AWESOME news! Thanks again, Elantric, for feeding us info. You are an awesome dude.

Archived