Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking of getting a tribal v. Should I?

CanadaBoy23

if you like it get one, i think it looks as dated as a "tribal armband" tattoo. (the 90's called they want the tribal thing back) but if you like it get one!! don't do what other people say, do what you want.

If you like it, buy it, plain and simple. Based on how their limited editions have sold lately you could hold off a little bit and possibly get it for cheaper... but you also risk losing out on buying a brand new one. Sometimes though it really pays off!

I would wait a few months for them to bomb' date=' then get them on clearance when they blow them out to make room for the next batch of out-of-date ideas Gibson thinks we want.[/quote']

Yeah I saw the other day that Musician's Friend blew out the Shred V's on clearance for $999.00 to get rid of their unsold stock.

...and IMHO the Shred V was a better looking guitar than the trailer trash B.C. Rich wantabe tribal v

Buy a faded and pay a couple hundred to take it to a reputable custom car paintshop ... have 'em pinstripe some tribal patterns on there. THEN you'd not only have a cool guitar that cost under a grand, but it'd be unique AND probably play almost as well as a regular V.

Besides, you can't get more late 80's/early 90's than a custom paint job on a guitar.

I think I'll leave my ebony V alone .... hmmm ... but that Bigsby is calling!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived