Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your mind today? The Gibson edition

Pinch

I wonder how safe it is to order a guitar from another country during winter... But guitar stores do it, so maybe if you let it sit a day in the box and one in the case. 

I keep looking at those Slash Les Pauls, even though I haven't even tried the neck profile...  I'm trying to talk myself into it and out of it at the same time. 

Edited by Pinch

3 hours ago, Pinch said:

There's one in the Epi lounge, so maybe we should have one here too. 

I tried this with a different title, so let’s see how long it can last before us clowns mess it up and post politics or religion. I’ll have a go at it .

So Alex Baldwin might be going to jail. I don’t know about you, but if someone puts a gun in my hand, and tells me to shoot somebody with it on the set of a movie, why don’t you see if the guy who handed you the gun is okay with you firing a round into his foot. If not, maybe you don’t shoot that gun.

Did we learn nothing from the movie The Crow with the Brandon Lee incident?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Alex is a perfect example of someone who I liked until he got political. I always liked when he hosted SNL. Maybe that's all I have to base it on, now that I think of it. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if people in the entertainment industry kept their mouth shut about politics and hot issues and just concentrated on their craft?

As to the incident he is /was involved in, there were so many mistakes made. Every link in the chain is to blame.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if people in the entertainment industry kept their mouth shut about politics and hot issues and just concentrated on their craft?

Yes. That realization comes with age. When I was a kid, I actually thought they had a clue. 

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Alex is a perfect example of someone who I liked until he got political. I always liked when he hosted SNL. Maybe that's all I have to base it on, now that I think of it. 

Then what would they have to talk about? Their next movie few care about when on talk shows?  All they do is pretend to be someone else their entire lives. It makes them feel superior letting us know they think they are right about the idiots they believe, in, as compared to the idiots the other side believes in.

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

I'm largely ignorant of the Baldwins. I know they're a bunch of guys with excellent hair who appear in movies I apparently miss all the time. 

Alex’s brother Scummy Baldwin was in The Usual Suspects. That was a good movie. That was a total WTF at the end.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I started watching a rock doc about Triumph called you guessed it  Rock And Roll Machine. I’m up to where they are recording the Just A Game album. I need to finish it. 

I was making French Onion Soup last night, and The Stones - Ole Ole Ole doc was on. It wasn’t that good. It was about them on a tour a few years back going through South America and Cuba. Lots of the band hanging out in whatever country they were in, and then them on stage for a song, and then back to Mick sipping coffee in a cafe, or Woody painting. All just riveting stuff.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Last night I watched a documentary about Linda Ronstadt, and her life in music.

My goodness, that lady was a huge talent!

She had a voice like an angel, and the vision and determination to sing the genres of music that she wanted and needed to sing.

It was a very enlightening and enjoyable program.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

She had a voice like an angel, and the vision and determination to sing the genres of music that she wanted and needed to sing.

RBSinTo

I have yet to see it. It is on my list of ones I want to see. I have a few of her 70's albums.

And of course Triumph were Canadian. I never got to see Linda or Triumph. They probably still live around or in Toronto?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

RBSinTo

My wife and her family all liked her Mariachi LP( Canciones de Mi Padre).  Compared to the Mariachi bands I've heard around Southwest Detroit it holds it's own. 

Also on my mind is the story about the fool who drove all the way from somewhere in Illinois to Waterford Township in Michigan to meet a 14 year old girl me met online.  When he showed up at her front door he, instead of saying "Hello" or anything else just demanded to have sex with her.  When she refused he got angry and stabbed her multiple times.  

She's OK,  survived the stab wounds and last heard she is still stable and was moved out of ICU.   And I feel glad for the guy.   I mean it was a horrific thing he did,  But after all, she did refuse to have sex with him.   And  he was caught.  And no doubt he'll be going to prison where he's likely to get ALL the sex he doesn't want!  [wink] 

I couldn't be happier for him.  [biggrin]

Whitefang

Speaking of knives, I've  decided that Buck Knives have tapped into the Feeble Minded Knife Collector market really effectively.

Every week they send out an email with a variation of something you already have a bunch of.  

Wait a minute, the grade of steel is different when used in conjunction with that handle material, hmmm...

20 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Speaking of knives, I've  decided that Buck Knives have tapped into the Feeble Minded Knife Collector market really effectively.

Every week they send out an email with a variation of something you already have a bunch of.  

Wait a minute, the grade of steel is different when used in conjunction with that handle material, hmmm...

Unlike guitars? 😉

25 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

What’s your sharpening setup? It’s about time I got to work on some of my chisels