Gibson Brands Forums

Perfect Strangers

Californiaman

Hey check this one out' date=' Its Steve Morris on lead with the Deep Purple guys; guess Mr. Blackmoore was busy.

Blackmore is always busy.

I think the last time he was with DP was the Perfect Strangers Tour or it's follow up album. I saw the Perfect Strangers Tour and that band was dead on. All of the newer stuff and the older.

Blackmore is always busy.

I think the last time he was with DP was the Perfect Strangers Tour or it's follow up album. I saw the Perfect Strangers Tour and that band was dead on. All of the newer stuff and the older.

We're in furious agreement again Californiaman. The song Perfect Strangers is one of the best songs they ever did - it is a shame it never got the recognition it deserved. The riff is haunting.

Blackmore will always be in my top five of all time.

Personally, Steve Morse doesnt do much for me - he is clearly awesome, but doesnt play with that mixture of classical influence, melodic expression (while still playing fast), mixed with that british blues brutality and attack.

Feckin awesome.

The best way to listen to Blackmore is with a set of headphones. He rarely plays a chord, but he is always doing something in the background which adds to the texture of the music - often not immediately audible if you are listening to the whole thing out loud.

Archived