Gibson Brands Forums

Ron White on music...hehe

wicked1

So I'm driving home from work this morning after a particularly harrowing night. (Hours in and out of the bathroom vomiting blood. Wasn't pretty). Listening to the Bob & Tom Show and my favorite current comedian, Ron White, is the in-studio guest. They ask him what he's got in his CD player right now...blah blah...Zep, Floyd, the usual. He states that he has figured out that all of music since the beginning of time can be divided into 2 categories....

The Allmann Brothers and NOT The Allmann Brothers.

Try it. It works.

Beatles--Not the Allmann Brothers

The Allmann Brothers--The Allmann Brothers

Thatis where the pictures of Homz hang...=D>

Yeah, I keep my picture of Axe by my bed. [-X

About 3 years ago, I had stomach surgery and as a result, it's actually quite a violent process to try to throw up these days. So a couple of months ago, I got the stomach flu and actually heaved for so long and so hard that I broke some blood vessels in my stomach. Havent been the same since.

Had my blood sugar crash through the floor about the time I got into the office and I was worthless for the rest of the night. Of course, the nausea set in....I start dry heaving. Apparently I am going to have to start taking the Pepcid again and see if I can get things healed up this time.

I'll autograph a few if you like and send them ...

Make it out to "Red." hehe

One of the guys Homz works with refers to me as "The Rock Goddess" and said he wanted an autographed picture. So I sent him a pic of a stone fertility goddess.

It's fun to be incorrigible, isn't it??

Fortunately, our primary care doc is also a gastroenterologist. [-( She doesn't seem to think we've reached a point where they need to do a scope, so we'll just go back on the meds for a couple of weeks and hope it heals up before I have to go back to the bathroom and see Homz's pix on the wall. (And yes, he really does have his pictures on the bathroom wall. LOL)

Yeah' date=' I keep my picture of Axe by my bed. ;)

About 3 years ago, I had stomach surgery and as a result, it's actually quite a violent process to try to throw up these days. So a couple of months ago, I got the stomach flu and actually heaved for so long and so hard that I broke some blood vessels in my stomach. Havent been the same since.

Had my blood sugar crash through the floor about the time I got into the office and I was worthless for the rest of the night. Of course, the nausea set in....I start dry heaving. Apparently I am going to have to start taking the Pepcid again and see if I can get things healed up this time.[/quote']

Thats bad, I sincerely hope you get better soon and that there is a way for you to heal completely.

Fortunately' date=' our primary care doc is also a gastroenterologist. ;) She doesn't seem to think we've reached a point where they need to do a scope, so we'll just go back on the meds for a couple of weeks and hope it heals up before I have to go back to the bathroom and see Homz's pix on the wall. (And yes, he really does have his pictures on the bathroom wall. LOL)[/quote']

They are 3 sports action pics from the 80's. I didn't know where to put them. Not an issue of arrogance, otherwise I would have put them in the living or family room.

They are 3 sports action pics from the 80's. I didn't know where to put them. Not an issue of arrogance' date=' otherwise I would have put them in the living or family room. [/quote']

Actually, I don't mind 'em. I think the football pic is quite sexy, in fact. It's just an unexpected place to have *any* pictures.

Now, ask me about how Led Zeppelin has been morphed into "Whole Lotta Bub...."

On the subject of bathroom pics, I dont have any but I used to have a fake surveliance camera and a sign in front of the toilet in the studio, it read "you are being watched (for security reasons)" ...it was positioned so that you could read it while sitting there... and the cam was aimed low.

my favorite current comedian' date=' Ron White [/quote']

Hah!

You'll be pleased to know that I've been told dozens of times by people (out of the blue) that I remind them of Ron White.

Even my wife agrees.

Get rid of the cigar and put a beer in my hand instead of Scotch, and I guess I have some of the mannerisms.

I didn't take it seriously at first, but as his popularity grew I kept hearing it - even at work.

I'll take it as a large compliment, since my thinking certainly parallels his when I hear his shows.

My wife gives me The Look when he's on TV, like I shouldn't even think of saying those things to her...

Good luck with the stomach ills...

Actually' date=' I don't mind 'em. I think the football pic is quite sexy, in fact. It's just an unexpected place to have *any* pictures.

Now, ask me about how Led Zeppelin has been morphed into "Whole Lotta Bub...."[/quote']

These are the pics being made fun of. 2 of the 3 anyway.

scan0001.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Archived