Gibson Brands Forums

THE CLASSIC IS BACK!!!

SGman94

ITS BACK THANK GOD! I was on musiciansfriend.com wondering what axe i should get after i save up some cash. I typed in sg classic praying they would be back, but expecting to be let down for the millionth time and much to my surprise it came rite up "SG CLASSIC w/P-90's" and for the same price as before $999.00. I WAS SO HAPPY I PRACTICALLY HAD AN ORGASM!

why would you buy the special for 1' date='250 when you can get the much sweeter classic for 999. They're gonna have to do something about that. As long as it isn't jacking up the price of the classic[/quote']Maybe they'll sort the name out, and call the guitar with P-90s an SG Special and the one with humbucker the SG Classic.

That makes more sense to me, considering an SG with a single P-90 is an SG Junior, and a Les Paul (flat-top) with two P-90s is a Les Paul Special.

Says who?

Are you sure that it´s not just available through that particular shop? As far as I know shops can custom order guitars, like for example the classic.

But even in that case congrats to you. I´d get a classic too if it´s really back again. We´ll see.

Greetings

Kurt

Wow, not knowing jack about Gibsons, I wanted to get an SG because it was less expensive and not as heavy as the Les Pauls. I just kinda stumbled into the local GC and tried them all. When I finally plugged this SG Classic into the amp....well I knew that she was something special. We've been together ever since, and the honeymoon is still going strong. Can't beat those P90's on mahogany.... it's got them devil horns....

If you buy one from GC before the end of the month they have an instant $75 rebate in their April flyer. I bought one on March 25th and when I got the flyer I went back and they honored the rebate with their 30 day policy so got it for $925...

You can also get a great deal on blems. I don't know if Musicians Friend is carring them again but I got this one last year for $688. I'm yet to find out why it was sold as blem. I can't find a thing wrong with it.

Why is it that everybody who buys a Second or Blem always says that they "can't find a thing wrong with it."?

Obviously there is or it wouldn't be marked down.

Why is it that everybody who buys a Second or Blem always says that they "can't find a thing wrong with it."?

Obviously there is or it wouldn't be marked down.

I've heard suggestions that they may be returns and they are required to sell as blems. If so, Ive been to GC and picked up a Classic and it had scratches on the pickguard and small nicks all over and was priced at new. If mine was a 2nd, it still comes with the 45day return policy from MF and the warranty from Gibson so what have you got to lose? Maybe when they placed an ad for a blem and they get 5 orders at the same time, they send out 4 unblemed with the other orders. I once thought as you until I purchased one. These are the facts as I know them. If you don't want to take a chance, then don't, but if you don't mind saving a few hundred dollars, give it a try. I like knowing that if I want to sell mine on EBay, that I will get the same amount as someone that paided $999.

Archived