Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson B45-12 Deluxe

FAT BOY

Hello I'm new to this forum, and I have a B45-12 Deluxe (12 string) that I've been thinking of selling. The guitar is in mint condition, it's a 1974 model and I have owned it about 30 years. I'm wondering if anybody has any idea what it would be worth? Any information would be appreciated, thank you..

Hello I'm new to this forum' date=' and I have a B45-12 Deluxe (12 string) that I've been thinking of selling. The guitar is in mint condition, it's a 1974 model and I have owned it about 30 years. I'm wondering if anybody has any idea what it would be worth? Any information would be appreciated, thank you..[/quote']

Photos would be great! #-o

Welcome Ed. hopefully this won't be your last post. (that happens a lot with people just wanting an idea of what things are worth.)

If you can post photos, we can offer more help. If you can't, the best indicator of the "used" market is eBay. Check their pricing.

Again, WELCOME. Hope you stick around a bit.

Hello I'm new to this forum' date=' and I have a B45-12 Deluxe (12 string) that I've been thinking of selling. The guitar is in mint condition, it's a 1974 model and I have owned it about 30 years. I'm wondering if anybody has any idea what it would be worth? Any information would be appreciated, thank you..[/quote']

Gordon Lightfoot plays a or did play a B-45. From what I have read they are a bit hard to keep the neck straight. The e-bay thing is a good idea but I would google it also. Vintage Gibson 12 strings do bring a very good price.

Ok, thank you for the response. Never had any problem with the neck, the guitar has spent most of it's live in it's case. I have pictures, but, how do i get them on this forum? And no it won't be my last post. The reson I'm selling the guitar is I hardly ever play it. And I'd like to buy another electric. I have six guitars, and the 12 string never gets played...

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/fatboybarr/IMG_0453.jpg Picture of my B45-12 Gibson 12 string for some reason I can only upload one picture at a time? More to come..

Wow!...nice shape! If it's that clean overall, it should fetch a pretty decent price! I'd buy it from you,

if I had any "spare" money! Is there such a thing, as "spare money," these days?! LOL!

CB

Wow!...nice shape! If it's that clean overall' date=' it should fetch a pretty decent price! I'd buy it from you,

if I had any "spare" money! Is there such a thing, as "spare money," these days?! LOL!

CB [/quote'] Thanks Charlie Brown, I'm just a little fussie with my guitars, bikes and cars. As far as spare money goes. I want another guitar real bad, so some thing has to go.

I wouldn't necessarily say "mint" because she has had some work, but she does look to be in great condition.

I notice the tuners have been replaced. Do you still have the originals?

It could fetch a little more if you do. Also, is that line down from the center of the bridge in the grain,

or is that a crack? If it is a crack, and I say if, it looks as though it is a really good repair.

IMG_0453.jpg

(about posting the pics, when you are in the post mode, you will notice a little icon with a

mountain and sun. that will place img (without spaces) brackets in your post. place the http code

inside those brackets.)

I wouldn't necessarily say "mint" because she has had some work' date=' but she does look to be in great condition.

I notice the tuners have been replaced. Do you still have the originals?

It could fetch a little more if you do. Also, is that line down from the center of the bridge in the grain,

or is that a crack? If it [i']is [/i]a crack, and I say if, it looks as though it is a really good repair.

IMG_0453.jpg

(about posting the pics, when you are in the post mode, you will notice a little icon with a

mountain and sun. that will place img (without spaces) brackets in your post. place the http code

inside those brackets.)

You'r probably right mint might not be the exact phrase to use. The guitar is not cracked, its in the finish. It was like that when I bought it, and it follows the grain. Since I have owned this guitar I've seen two or three other Gibson's about the same age, with the same crack in the finish. I had it checked when I bought it and I was advised to leave it as it was, that it wasn't going to be a problem. And in almost thirty years it hasn't. The original tuner's I don't have, they were changed before I bought the guitar.. Thanks for the advise about posting the pictures...

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination. You may want to contact someone who is, like George Gruhn in Nashville, but I would venture a guess of between $950.00 and $2,500.00.

I know that's a pretty broad range, but I say that since, I believe it would most likely go for around $1,200 and $1,500.

However as with anything in the 2nd hand market, it really is how much the buyer is willing to pay, Vs what the seller is willing to settle for. She looks good enough, and if she plays as straight as she looks, you should have no trouble finding a buyer. Good Luck. You can always post it in the Trading section here on the forum.

Here is one as a comparison

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination. You may want to contact someone who is' date=' like George Gruhn in Nashville, but I would venture a guess of between $950.00 and $2,500.00.

I know that's a pretty broad range, but I say that since, I believe it would most likely go for around $1,200 and $1,500.

However as with anything in the 2nd hand market, it really is how much the buyer is [i']willing [/i]to pay, Vs what the seller is willing to settle for. She looks good enough, and if she plays as straight as she looks, you should have no trouble finding a buyer. Good Luck. You can always post it in the Trading section here on the forum.

Here is one as a comparison

Thank you for you'r time. I was in the shop I deal with today, and they have a Humming Bird on consignment for $2,900,00, with exactly the same crack in finish as my guitar..

Back again, and I have to thank "Live Sound Guy" again. For opening my eyes.I started thinking about you'r comment, (a very good repair) you made about the crack in the finnish of my B-4512. So I took the guitar to the local Gibson dealer, and their guitar tech. went over it with a fine tooth comb. And he verified what you saw as a very good repair, as a very good repair. He also said the bridge has been modified to lower the action.He was impressed with the over all condition of the guitar and the fact that it's original cardboard case was still in good condition as well .So it goes to show, you can own a guitar for almost thrity years and really not know a whole hell of alot about it until you have it checked out by somebody who does. And he also figured the guitar to be in the $1,500,00 range.So once again I thank you sir, you obviously know what you'r talking about....

Archived