Gibson Brands Forums

New 60th anniversary models, ‘62, ‘63?

Cbrayden

Hi all, is there any news on newer 60th anniversary models? I was fortunate to get a ‘59, ‘60, and ‘61 60th and have been wondering if any more will be coming out.  I haven’t been able to find any info so  I am reaching out here, thanks for your time.

1961 there were no single cut maple cap Les Paul's they didn't come back in that form till 1968.

the 1961 Les Paul was a double cut, solid mahogany "SG" guitar labeled Les Paul..

Till Paul's Lawyer's told Paul it's not good for your divorce   and your alimony settlement, which he contacted Gibson and said.. don't put my name on a SG; kill our contract.

don't believe Gibson 'anniversaries' their guitars the way you're describing.

Right, 1961 still had the Les Paul name but SG form until they came out again in 1968. Gibson did 60th anniversary models in 2019, 2020, and 2021. My 1961 60th anniversary has the Les Paul name on it besides the fact it is an SG shape. All my question was if there were any more coming. I guess not. Maybe the 1968 models where they brought back the Les Paul shape will be the next one so maybe 2028?