Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone (but it's really a Gibson)

egoidealmusic

7 minutes ago, Dave F said:

At one time he was Johnny's son-in-law and played in Johnny's band. Marty and Connie were neighbors to Johnny and June and Marty maintained a close relationship with John up to his death.

He's lived a pretty full life.....even married to his school boy celebrity crush!

5 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Ah, Gene Clark!  

You know, to make a full circle, Marty Stuart plays Clearance White's Tele now!

Marty played Clarence's burst Tele with the B Bender that whole night.  

And if you have not already given them a listen the LP Gene Clark recorded with Carla Olson (formerly with the Textones) is jaw dropping amazing.  They only recorded one full and one partial studio LP (which are included as bonus tracks on later CD releases of the 1st LP) before Gene passed but there are a couple of live recordings out there.  

Here is a taste of one of the tunes Gene wrote for the LP.  

The thing about Epiphones is when it comes to flattops, the upper end Kalamazoo-made dreads are more collectible (and as such will cost you more) than the NYC-made instruments. My '1950s FT79 would fill my pocket with a whole lot less cash than something like early-1960s Texans will bring in. And when you get to the Excellente the sky is the limit when it comes to price.

Just now, Murph said:

Oh.... I thought it'd be in Nashville..... Thanks.... if I come back, it'll be in the motor home.   Had a trip planned, but our travel partners both got sick (and old).