Gibson Brands Forums

Morons.

Murph

I mean, this was my son's generation of hair bands. Wasn't my cup of tea, but the guy's 60 years old.

Beating up old people was never a thing in my day.

In fact, it would have been seen as cowardly...

• Like 3

It is cowardly… Doesn’t Def Leppards Drummer only have one Arm?

What about 6’ 2”, 250 lb. Men robbing little 80 year old women, knocking them on the ground & literally kicking them almost to death.. People watch & do nothing!

What has happened to America? There’s too much HATE today…. 

• Like 1

Maybe an elderly, disabled & unsuspecting guy and a Woman are the best he can manage, might have been a different story if he tried it with a young healthy bloke.

If that's his cup of Tea, I'm sure the Ukrainian army could find a place for him. People like him are just barking. 

1 hour ago, Murph said:

I mean, this was my son's generation of hair bands. Wasn't my cup of tea, but the guy's 60 years old.

Beating up old people was never a thing in my day.

In fact, it would have been seen as cowardly...

I know.  We'd at worst just laugh at them and their complaints about us "punks".  But I'm at the point where 60 doesn't really seem old to me anymore.  [wink]

I'd at first wonder what that kid was thinking, but it was quickly apparent that thinking never really came into play here.  But still, I'd love to hear what reason the guy had for his actions.  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

I've stopped caring to hear the excuses and apologies of people who are violent criminals.  They can go on Jerry Springer or start their own blog to whine and try to blame 'society'.  All I care about is the Justice System working and giving them the maximum penalty allowed by law.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanHenry said:

Maybe an elderly, disabled & unsuspecting guy and a Woman are the best he can manage, might have been a different story if he tried it with a young healthy bloke.

If that's his cup of Tea, I'm sure the Ukrainian army could find a place for him. People like him are just barking. 

The Ukranian army?

I would imagine the Russian army would be a much better choice for a somone who beats up on innocent people weaker than he is.

RBSinTo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

All I care about is the Justice System working and giving them the maximum penalty allowed by law.  

"After the charges were filed, he posted bail and was released."  Obviously, the Justice System doesn't work.

Edited by gearbasher
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I've stopped caring to hear the excuses and apologies of people who are violent criminals.  They can go on Jerry Springer or start their own blog to whine and try to blame 'society'.  All I care about is the Justice System working and giving them the maximum penalty allowed by law.  

Yes!  These people don’t take responsibility for anything.  The kind of people typically on Jerry Springer are a good example of why our country is falling apart.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gearbasher said:

The UK Daily Mail has pics of the kid.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11872331/Ohio-spring-breaker-accused-beating-one-armed-Def-Leppard-drummer-outside-Florida-Four-Seasons.html

Guaranteed, he's gonna walk away with a slap on the wrist. 

His mother must be so proud.  Oh wait.  She’s probably making excuses for him as we speak.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

His mother must be so proud.  Oh wait.  She’s probably making excuses for him as we speak.

DailyMail link - - provides a lot of info.  Good article .  Even a photo of the criminal and his Mom.   Words do not suffice. 

Another thing, if that kid (criminal) would have inadvertenly gotten killed by police or a bystander for protecting the drummer, the criminal would be lauded as some hero because he lost his life by invoking the situation in the first place? Why? Those are consequences of accepting responsibility of their own actions. 

The idea that this punk is handicapped & on drugs is no excuse.. By the Pictures of him he appears to be upper Class & Self Entitled….

Def Leppard Drummer should Press Charges take him to Court for Criminal Charges. That young Man should do Time in Jail… And pay a Substantial sum of Money to the Drummer for Damages…. 

• Thanks 1

You're all making assumptions not based on fact.  No one has knowledge that the kid will just get a slap on the wrist.  The article did state he was in Florida for spring break, so there's the possibility he was supercharged on alcohol and other chemicals(which is reason, not excuse).  And possibly a militant anti smoker and seeing the drummer smoking a cigarette went WAY off the deep end.  Whatever.   And that he 's from Ohio(red state) might also be a clue.  I really couldn't say.  And apparently, going by some photos of him he's also a jock.  And that could also be a clue.  Based mostly on the jocks I've known,.  [wink]  But I digress.....

However any of you lean, you must at least all agree it's best he's not tried in the court of public opinion. 

Whitefang