Gibson Brands Forums

Morons.

Murph

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

Someone should just simply beat the living snot out of him.

That will happen in Jail… But, if he’s a rich kid he’ll get out of going… Maybe a little Probation, fine or Community Service.. In which case the only thing he’ll learn is how to subvert the System…. He’ll still be a Punk *** Coward POS! Like so many today…..

Next, after beating up a One Armed Guy he’ll pick on Little Old Ladies……

Edited by Larsongs

4 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

That will happen in Jail… 

nope. not this time, and from looking at past assault cases not likely even after when a few times he does the same thing.

He won't spend one second there and the worst of it, he knows he won't.

The dance is Arrested, Post Bail, and Go Free.  Any judge will toss it aside as a nuisance case, until of course he winds up killing someone's grandfather. 

59 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

And that he 's from Ohio(red state) might also be a clue. 

he did this in Florida,   doesn't matter where he's from.  WTF is wrong with the DA and law officials there to let this little sh - - t bag walk out on bail?

That's where the problem is.

7 minutes ago, kidblast said:

nope. not this time, and from looking at past assault cases not likely even after when a few times he does the same thing.

He won't spend one second there and the worst of it, he knows he won't.

The dance is Arrested, Post Bail, and Go Free.  Any judge will toss it aside as a nuisance case, until of course he winds up killing someone's grandfather. 

I should’ve added.. If..

There are quite a few Murderers who get arrested, no bail & released in several States… Even some who committed multiple murders.. L.A. Calif. being one of them….

4 hours ago, Murph said:

Politics.

Seriously?

He's a moron. 

He assaulted an old guy, making him a cowardly moron.

Strongly agree with this.

But he hit the wrong old guy, someone who has a lot of money and who is well-liked and respected in the business.   He is going to be sued and then he will have to watch his back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdgm said:

Strongly agree with this.

But he hit the wrong old guy, someone who has a lot of money and who is well-liked and respected in the business.   He is going to be sued and then he will have to watch his back.

they can sue all they want,  he doesn't probably have a pot to pi$$ in so where's the money coming from

which brings us right back to --  be the e-fin crap out of him so at least there's a lesson to the entire affair and he'll think twice about doing it again

when The Judicial system is catering to the criminals, they have a sense of impunity.  Basically speaking, over here, in the USA,  the loons are running the asylums

The 19 year old offender is Max Hartley of Avon, Ohio.

According to his lawyer, he's a good young man who has never had a brush with the law in his entire life.
He was, however, extremely intoxicated when arrested.

Spring Break + teenagers + alcohol = disasters left and right.
That's a given.

Let's go one further, and speculate some more.
I know some dudes who can have a few beers, or a few dozen whiskeys, and they get mellow and affectionate.
(I'm pretty much like that myself.)

Some others, on the other hand, go from Jekyll to Hyde when drunk.
Aggressive, angry, and wanting to fight.

It was always disturbing for me to witness.
Maybe it's like that with young Mister Max Hartley.

True story.
I literally broke off a friendship with a good Army Captain that I served with over in Germany, years ago.
He was a fairly good dude, cheerful, and competent at his job. (He was an Artillery Officer and a forward observer.)

But when he got some drinks in him, he became angry, combative, and unreasonably confrontational.
I told him one Monday after breaking contact with him downtown on the previous Saturday night,
"Arthur, I'll be teammates with you here at work, but I can never, ever be your drinking buddy off duty. And if there's alcohol at a unit function or gathering, and you are there, I'll be leaving immediately, no questions asked. "

"Oh, Spark, it's not that bad. Give me a break."

"It IS that bad. You should consider never drinking, my friend."
🤔

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Murph said:

Politics.

Seriously?

He's a moron. 

When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail, Murph.  Predictable as the sun rise on threads like this. 

Tent Cities  ?!  They exist in all large cities.  Texas is Red -  our city, San Antonio 7th largest in the US population wise , is not - has a few tent cities.  Weather comparable to Jacksonville, where I've also lived.   Jacksonville is large.  Use to be the largest in terms of acreage of any US city.   

'How bail works' ?!     No one knows how it works !!!     Because it has been intentionally broken - to the point of almost being eliminated.  

22 hours ago, kidblast said:

he did this in Florida,   doesn't matter where he's from.  WTF is wrong with the DA and law officials there to let this little sh - - t bag walk out on bail?

That's where the problem is.

The DA and law officials , in this case, would be the same regardless of state.  Had he killed Allen rather than just assaulted him bail would have probably been denied.  Him being released on bail has nothing to do with him being in Florida. 

23 hours ago, Murph said:

Politics.

Seriously?

He's a moron. 

Don't confuse levity with politics.    [wink]

And I also noticed you left out(conveniently?) my bit about not trying him in the court of public opinion.   I agree he committed a vile and cowardly crime, but our country's constitution( which does have more than two amendments) offers the right to a fair and speedy trial.  AND  prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment" regardless how much some sh!twad deserves it.   But the collective thought process in this forum  seems out of focus when most here skewer the justice system for letting some punk out on bail(which the law might call for) but doesn't indicate disgust with it when there's been story after story about somebody being released from jail after serving 20-35-40+ years of a life sentence when it's finally discovered he didn't really commit the crime he was jailed for.    THAT'S the weak link in the justice system if you ask me.  But then Kidblast wouldn't want to fix that and give criminals a sense of impunity. :rolleyes:

Whitefang

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

That makes the assumption that 1% of lawyers are above board.  I think you’re being a bit overly-optimistic.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:58 AM, sparquelito said:

The 19 year old offender is Max Hartley of Avon, Ohio.

According to his lawyer, he's a good young man who has never had a brush with the law in his entire life.
He was, however, extremely intoxicated when arrested.

Spring Break + teenagers + alcohol = disasters left and right.
That's a given.

Let's go one further, and speculate some more.
I know some dudes who can have a few beers, or a few dozen whiskeys, and they get mellow and affectionate.
(I'm pretty much like that myself.)

Some others, on the other hand, go from Jekyll to Hyde when drunk.
Aggressive, angry, and wanting to fight.

It was always disturbing for me to witness.
Maybe it's like that with young Mister Max Hartley.

True story.
I literally broke off a friendship with a good Army Captain that I served with over in Germany, years ago.
He was a fairly good dude, cheerful, and competent at his job. (He was an Artillery Officer and a forward observer.)

But when he got some drinks in him, he became angry, combative, and unreasonably confrontational.
I told him one Monday after breaking contact with him downtown on the previous Saturday night,
"Arthur, I'll be teammates with you here at work, but I can never, ever be your drinking buddy off duty. And if there's alcohol at a unit function or gathering, and you are there, I'll be leaving immediately, no questions asked. "

"Oh, Spark, it's not that bad. Give me a break."

"It IS that bad. You should consider never drinking, my friend."
🤔

When I was in the Navy - in our 'department' of approx. 2 dozen enlisted we had one of those. Would become completely irrational - pick fights with a group of a half a dozen guys walking down the street.    And,  on  my second ship - another one.  Would even call out - challenging people on other docked ships standing at the rails while he staggering down the pier drunk as a skunk returning to his own ship.   I assume this must be medical/chemical - because both guys when sober were very laid back and agreeable.  Jekyll and Hyde - they didn't just get touchy - they went looking for fights.   If they didn't  give up getting plastered - they are most certainly not still breathing.   Not merely dead, but most sincerely dead! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I knew(and know) guys like that.  Greatest guys you'd ever want to know.  But after a few shots or a couple beers  they become 1st class a-holes.  Hell, I even knew some going back to Jr. high who were like that without needing a drink to get there.  Just looking their way set them off.  Probably when they got older and started adding booze to the mix they got worse.   

19 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

If they're like the ones who handled my divorce that statement is true.  But I'll tell ya...........

If that kid happens somehow to hire my ex wife's lawyer to handle his case he probably WILL get off.  AND get paid a reward as well!  [cool]

My divorce was final in 1988, and I'm STILL trying to yank the broken piece of the shaft out of my azz!  [huh]

Whitefang

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah, I knew(and know) guys like that.  Greatest guys you'd ever want to know.  But after a few shots or a couple beers  they become 1st class a-holes.  Hell, I even knew some going back to Jr. high who were like that without needing a drink to get there.  Just looking their way set them off.  Probably when they got older and started adding booze to the mix they got worse.   

If they're like the ones who handled my divorce that statement is true.  But I'll tell ya...........

If that kid happens somehow to hire my ex wife's lawyer to handle his case he probably WILL get off.  AND get paid a reward as well!  [cool]

My divorce was final in 1988, and I'm STILL trying to yank the broken piece of the shaft out of my azz!  [huh]

Whitefang

Whitefang, I think that's called a Psychopath.  I knew a bloke like that when I was at school, he was probably the most charming teenager you could wish to meet but he could become positively deranged at the drop of a hat.   

• Like 1