Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Tone Controls

Rocky4

Depends on which amp; they all sound different.

+1

Always depends what amp you got and what tone you want.

I have a Lonestar Special and the settings are multiple for multiple tone choices

and/or guitar I use.

Depends on the rig but the guitar too ... for clean I go for a full shimmer with some twang which is often (on the eq) everything somewhere between 6 and 9 then I find a sweet spot on volume where it breaks up subtly. For overdrive or distortion I turn the mids to 10, bass to ~5, & find a place for the treble to cut but not hurt my ears (usu between 12 and 3 o'clock) - it can depend on the room though too. I doubt that made much sense.

Nice bedroom amp there Junkie.

Couldn't hang with the Blue Angel.

If you bring out it's big brother, I'll be forced to flip the VISA....... (looking at a Lone Star)

Best to ya.

Murph.

Now you probably will post a pic of its bigger brother :- =P~

Nah...

That one has tone controls.

Nice bedroom amp there Junkie.

I've been screwing around with it at home' date=' and I think it [i']might[/i] be loud enough for me to jam/gig with. I'll find out for sure monday night at rehearsal. If it works out, I'll be picking up a Radial Engineering - Headbone. That way I can hook the Mini Z and the Maz Sr. through the two 12" Celestions in the Maz and switch between the two "heads".

I think it changes from room to room, depending on the acoustics. My sort of catch-all setting is Bass halfway, Mids all the way, High 50-75%. I've also found that the more volume I add, the more I have to turn down the highs.

Kind of like a warm' date=' fuzzy punch in the face!!! [img']http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/rockon.gif[/img]

Unless you back off the volume on the guitar. Then it's just a slap.

That's what I love about the Blue Angel, EL84's are hard to beat. And, it'll do 6V6's also, Class A.

Headroom has become a deal for me, playing bigger rooms. I'm going to be forced to go back to 100 watts, as much as I hate it.

Best to ya.

Murph.

Kind of like a warm' date=' fuzzy punch in the face!!! [img']http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/rockon.gif[/img]

Unless you back off the volume on the guitar. Then it's just a slap.

It might take a couple of weeks, but I'm going to try to get some video of it. Just guitar -> cable -> amp.

Nice! I love that slappy sound you get with some amps. It would be great if you manage to post that video, thanks for offering to do that!

Archived