Gibson Brands Forums

Question for non-church going folks

djroge1

When i went to grecce a preist said that their was an "evil eye" on me...so i asked how to get rid of it and he said you have to find out your self...so heres my 3 yrs later listening to death metal...

It's probably 'The Mick'. That creepy eye avatar he has gives me the willies.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What' date=' no choice for "church people are creepy"? =D> [/quote']

Now that's funny. Sorry, but I ran out of room and honestly, I didn't think of that being a reason.

You know what they say? "People are strange when you are strangers"

I was a young adult searching for answers in many different Churches. I figured, "If there's so many people who worship and belive in a God, there may be something to it", so I went to churches and Bible Studies for a couple years. I got a little tired of people who used to Do Drugs, Cheat on thier wives, Abuse Animals, and Steal Cars telling me how wrong I was for not accepting Jesus and voting Republican.

Anyway, after all the study and reading the Bible from cover to cover I came to this conclusion;

If there is a God, or even Gods, humans have no clue what or who it is, and sure don't know what they might want from us.

It was science that pointed this out. If science has proven any one thing, it's Humans are usually wrong, or a little off the mark at best. If they can be so wrong about how old a Lava Flow is or what Skull went on which Dinosaur, what makes anyone think those that interpreted and translated the Bible are any more accurate.

I like Church. It keeps at least some people off the water Sunday morning. It is also a harmless social get together. Nobody needs church to tell us right from wrong. Knowing the right thing to do is not the problem, it's doing the right thing. As far as the spiritual part of it goes, well, whatever floats your raft. I'd rather hit some balls.

Im a believer' date=' I'm a youth leader at my church, I play bass at two churches in my town. Things I have noticed

I dislike how people judge another person based off there apperance (tattos, clothing, ect...)and Sometimes people outcast a memeber of the church because they sin often

I play bass with another guy at church who is in a "Death Metal Christian Band" he has multiple tat's, he wears dark clothing, and has long hair. The people church often say things like "is he a girl?" or "He must be practicing satanist"

This guy knows the bible fowards and backwards, he has lead others to christ, he has even taught class, nice as can be. But they judge him based on his apperance. I just say "Jesus had long hair and Jesus was tormented"

Church is ment for sinners and believers but sometimes we try to make it just for believers. I hear peope talk bad about people because they sin, I gently remind the that we all are not perfect.

Basically it's just important to remember that we are all human and that humans will be humans.

[/quote']

Jesus if he existed most likely did not have long hair he most likely look just like any other Middle eastern person you see today.

I do not believe in God so it would be pretty pointless to go to Church unless i want to compare clothing.

I think worshiping things is a waste of time and the only think you accomplish is talking to a ceiling or some moron who thinks he can talk to the dead, If you want to believe in some spooky incompetent father figure more power to you but keep your voodo Jesus mumbo jumbo nonsense where it belongs ( AT HOME ).

We are all Agnostics and if you claim you know "Gods Will" and participate in any Religion you are just lying to yourself.

Im a believer' date=' I'm a youth leader at my church, I play bass at two churches in my town. Things I have noticed

I dislike how people judge another person based off there apperance (tattos, clothing, ect...)and Sometimes people outcast a memeber of the church because they sin often

I play bass with another guy at church who is in a "Death Metal Christian Band" he has multiple tat's, he wears dark clothing, and has long hair. The people church often say things like "is he a girl?" or "He must be practicing satanist"

This guy knows the bible fowards and backwards, he has lead others to christ, he has even taught class, nice as can be. But they judge him based on his apperance. I just say "Jesus had long hair and Jesus was tormented"

Church is ment for sinners and believers but sometimes we try to make it just for believers. I hear peope talk bad about people because they sin, I gently remind the that we all are not perfect.

Basically it's just important to remember that we are all human and that humans will be humans.

[/quote']

I didnt know you were a youth leader. My brother is wants to do that. Hes working at a Quaker camp this summer. (yes Im Quaker)

I feel like I could have selected a number of those options, "My beliefs are different than the churches" or "Don't believe in organized religion". I went with "Don't believe in God/Jesus" because I am an atheist(not afraid of the 'A' word) and I don't believe in God. There does seem to be a decent amount of evidence that a person named Jesus Christ did exist, I don't believe he was the embodiment of A God of any kind.

Now I know a lot of people think claiming you're atheist is equally ignorant to claiming that god exists, but if you look at the definition of the words "theism" and "atheism":

Theism:

1. the belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism ).

2. belief in the existence of a god or gods (opposed to atheism ).

Atheism:

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

I feel I can comfortably say that with the available evidence/lack thereof I am an atheist.

I think calling yourself agnostic about the existence of God forces you to be agnostic about a lot of things, since you cannot prove/disprove the existence of Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy, The Flying Spaghetti Monster(for those who have read some Dawkins), etc.

I believe the burden of proof is on those making the outrageous claim, not those rejecting it, and up to this point in my life I have not witnessed any conclusive or even marginal evidence that any kind of God exists.

Flame away!

Didnt they find his bones...

There was a grave site discovered that some archaeologists claimed might belong to Jesus. There was a documentary ob it about 6 months ago and it was directed by some famous director but I can't remember who.

I was raised going to Sunday School and church. It was a non denominational church that was heavy on being born again. I was even the leader of our youth group for a few years. It was kind of strange looking back. Partying and listening to heavy metal all week and then going to church on Sunday. I finally had to get my life straight and give it up. Church that is.....=D>

Archived