Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Gibsons video

So this showed up on my e-mail. Guitar Village (Farnham uk) have acquired some 60's Gibsons from a single source (maybe someone passed away?) They are being demonstrated by Sam which is usual. What isn't usual is that the sound is dreadful! I don't think the guitars nor the amp are well represented sounding like that. 

I checked the prices they are asking. They are priced at £20k and £30k ($25k and $38k). So they are going to be available for some considerable time. 

He says at the end the 355 is already sold!

I liked 'em all, the sunburst 345 especially but agree they are not that well represented considering the huge tonal versatility of the ES series.  No dark clean jazz neck tone, no B.B. mid-position  He doesn't demonstrate the pickups and the varitone.  

Are you familiar with this guy?  High prices too but fun to look at -

http://www.davidjpym.com/page6.html

13 hours ago, jdgm said:

He says at the end the 355 is already sold!

I liked 'em all, the sunburst 345 especially but agree they are not that well represented considering the huge tonal versatility of the ES series.  No dark clean jazz neck tone, no B.B. mid-position  He doesn't demonstrate the pickups and the varitone.  

Are you familiar with this guy?  High prices too but fun to look at -

http://www.davidjpym.com/page6.html

No, I haven't come across David Pym before. He's got some wonderful stuff. Thanks for the link. Newbury isn't too far off. Maybe if I get a big Premium Bonds win...