Gibson Brands Forums

When Did This Happen?

Murph

18 hours ago, Karloff said:

Bonjour Flouret, je répondais au commentaire initial de Murph. en ce qui concerne mon commentaire sur la guitare qui vous intéresse, j'essayais juste d'être drôle. aucun mal intentionné.

Here's Karloff's post for those who aren't bi-coastal:

Hi Flouret, I was responding to Murph's original comment. Regarding my comment on the guitar you are interested in, I was just trying to be funny. no malicious intent.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Karloff said:

actually it really does annoy me that so many people don't pronounce t's anymore. dih int,  instead of didn't.  

In your example it seems more the "d" isn't pronounced.   But yeah, I've heard some say "did'n" instead of "didn't".  In  one forum there was a guy who would always type "doan" instead of "don't".   It was probably the way he pronounced it.  My wife would occasionally ADD a "t" at the end of certain words.  Not enough to be annoying though.  Just enough to be "cute".  [wink]

Whitefang

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

In your example it seems more the "d" isn't pronounced.   But yeah, I've heard some say "did'n" instead of "didn't".  In  one forum there was a guy who would always type "doan" instead of "don't".   It was probably the way he pronounced it.  My wife would occasionally ADD a "t" at the end of certain words.  Not enough to be annoying though.  Just enough to be "cute".  [wink]

Whitefang

as far as my example, you know the point I was making. stop nit picking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Very strange!

exactly what is strange,  him posting a guitar question on a random thread, him responding to a comment I made that wasn't directed at him or me responding in a language he could understand ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

my wife adds T's at the end of some words too. I seent it.  drives me nuts

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Karloff said:

exactly what is strange,  him posting a guitar question on a random thread, him responding to a comment I made that wasn't directed at him or me responding in a language he could understand ?

Exactly.   Posts a serial number and wants info on a guitar..... then when I say we'll need more info, he posts half a dozen photos of the guitar...but STILL doesn't say what he wants to know..... finally says he wants a price.   Very Strange.

Just now, DanvillRob said:

Exactly.   Posts a serial number and wants info on a guitar..... then when I say we'll need more info, he posts half a dozen photos of the guitar...but STILL doesn't say what he wants to know..... finally says he wants a price.   Very Strange.

lol, yea I know.  he was definately struggling with what to say or do.

6 minutes ago, Karloff said:

lol, yea I know.  he was definately struggling with what to say or do.

To be fair, English is most likely not his first language..... I hope he gets what he's looking for.....I just want to know what the difference is between "Flouret" and "Fleurs".

6 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

To be fair, English is most likely not his first language..... I hope he gets what he's looking for.....I just want to know what the difference is between "Flouret" and "Fleurs".

yep ... he even said that ...  

ha, beats me. 

50 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Fleur is a flower.

Fleuret (or flouret) is a small flower or bud.   A cauliflower head is comprised of fleurets.

AFAIK.  [smile]

11 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I'll see your case and raise you a $145 sweatshirt.

ubyxdGI.png

I foresee customer service issues. "I ordered XL, but it says medium on the front". 

At $145 it must've been pre-shrunk in Tom Murphy's own washing machine. 

Edited by Pinch
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

So our new friend Flouret is a head of cauliflower?

On a bag of frozen broccoli they're noted as "Florets".  Probably meaning they haven't been ground into "flour".  [wink]  And since the cauliflower "curds"( which y'all's been calling "flourets") which are the only parts of the cauliflower plant that gets eaten HAVE been used to make pizza dough and other bread type foods, "FLOURets" might be fitting in this case.  [wink]

But back on topic.

Listening closely, I've yet to hear any newscaster call the Russian president "Poo-in" .  But rather, hear his name pronounced "PEW-tin"  more often.  But considering whom they're talking about, POO and PEW are rather fitting, yes? 

Whitefang

They taught us in school to brush our upper teeth down, and our lower teeth up. They even had those little red "dye" pills that tasted good but turned your mouth red.

Every time I see a toothpaste commercial, they are brushing from side to side.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

They taught us in school to brush our upper teeth down, and our lower teeth up. They even had those little red "dye" pills that tasted good but turned your mouth red.

Every time I see a toothpaste commercial, they are brushing from side to side.

lolol, I remember that. in school, they'd have us brush then eat the little red pill to see how well you brushed lol.