Gibson Brands Forums

HELP ON MY EPIPHONE.

Gibmitch

Hey im not sure if this is the right section, if it isnt then please move it as im not here to spam or cause trouble.

I have a Epiphone, and im not sure what year it is or anything about.

I think it has Humbuckers on it, but im not sure.

Its a copy and i bought it from a local guitar store.

Its got a bowood neck, Red on outside of guitar and blurs into a orange.

And there is like sought of tigery lines going through it all.

It has black and white pickups with silver circles on them.

It has gold knobs.

If that isnt enough information pls ask.

Ill try posting a picture on here in the future.:)

My guess is it's a 1997 les paul standard made by epiphone in the korean factory, it left said factory on september the 12th, the QC guy that checked it is named Mao Ki, and once in the store they put in on discount due to a little dent near the output jack, that affected the looks but not the playability.

That's the best I can do with no pics and just the details you gave.

Are you sure TG? I thought Moa Ki was off that week due to sickness in his family. His cousin Chin Ho filled in for him which would explain the defect

:-

Man oh man' date=' how could I have missed that one'](*,) ... luckily you are in the forum to get me out of trouble:d/

My guess is it's a 1997 les paul standard made by epiphone in the korean factory' date=' it left said factory on september the 12th, the QC guy that checked it is named Mao Ki, and once in the store they put in on discount due to a little dent near the output jack, that affected the looks but not the playability.

That's the best I can do with no pics and just the details you gave.[/quote']

its like that one, but not red on outside

Hey im not sure if this is the right section' date=' if it isnt then please move it as im not here to spam or cause trouble.

I have a Epiphone, and im not sure what year it is or anything about.

I think it has Humbuckers on it, but im not sure.

Its a copy and i bought it from a local guitar store.

Its got a bowood neck, Red on outside of guitar and blurs into a orange.

And there is like sought of tigery lines going through it all.

It has black and white pickups with silver circles on them.

It has gold knobs.

If that isnt enough information pls ask.

Ill try posting a picture on here in the future.[/quote']

I don't know how many words a picture is worth, but it's a hell of a lot more than your post.

Wales must be like the Mississippi or Georgia of the British Isles! Sorry dude I dont mean to bag on your colloquialisms, its just noteworthy in my opinion. Dont think I know anybody from Wales. But yeah, its not very clear what your question is.

He-e-e-e-e-y. Take it easy on the new guy.

Pics would be helpful.

Is it a solid body or hollow?

Single cut-a-way or double cut?

Any other identifying labels on the headstock, trussrod cover, etc?

Les Pauls ain't changed their profile much in the last 50 years, so if you cruise Epiphone's, Epiphone.com, product pages you might find a twin to yours. That should answer your question. If you have a serial number you could plug it into the Guitar Dater project for more information about age, etc. You most definitely will not get the name of the original purchaser.

One would think that Wales = Walesish. Ah well. Apparently those who don't know any Welshmen never saw a James Bond movie prior to the new guy. ummm... what's his name.????

For them what missed it, Sean Connery is Welsh. Makes a darn fine Chicagoan too. (reference to "The Untouchables). Although to be period correct he should have been Irish. But the only thing that seperates Irish from

Welsh is an island called Sodor.

Archived