Gibson Brands Forums

Is Tronical Dead?

Does anyone know if Tronical has gone out of business? The lights are on at their website, but no one is home. The "We reply immediately" chat function is a ghost. Their "Shop" page neither posts prices nor allows "Add to Cart"... and emails to Chris Adams go unanswered. The most recent online posts are about 5 years old and generally only announced their court battles with Gibson. Are any Tronical employees/friends on here? I can't help but wonder what happened. Tronical has to have quite a few units out there. Curious... they just ghosted us. 😕

Yes. I tried emails to the company address... I tried several times to use the website's "Chat" function. (to no avail) I even tried Chris Adams' (founder) email address which I had from when I ordered replacement parts back in 2013 or so. Nothing... just ghosted.

Gibson, tuning gear company settle dispute
I found this article that talked about Gibson settling the dispute with Tronical in which they supposedly paid Tronical 4.6 million.

"The agreement also calls for other claims between the parties to be set aside, for lawsuits to be dismissed with prejudice and for Gibson to be able to dispose of its remaining Tronical tuners as it sees fit."

"Other claims" That could involve a number of things... did the settlement compel Tronical to cease & desist making tuners?

OR... with all the headaches the Gibson/Tronical relationship generated, I wonder if Chris simply decided to "take the money and run".  Curious.

• 2 months later...

@DougFarmer They have been out of business for years and went bankrupt. Chris pretends there are still people working there when even he moved out of the country. He even signs e-mails in former employees' names to make it look like someone is still working there. It's a scam to make money on the back of customers: There has been no production for years because they went bankrupt. The machines and employees are all gone, the place in the building where the production was has been long sold to a different company. All products that have been sold through their website were old stock and mostly repaired B- or C-stock, so you wouldn't want to buy that, it won't work long - if it works at all. If you take a look at the reviews on either Facebook or Google and scroll past the excellent reviews that Chris wrote himself you'll see that a lot of people never even received what they ordered and have no idea how to get their money back. It's fraud, but nobody who knows Chris or the company would be surprised, it's how he always ran the company. It's surprising he's never been to jail. Beware of spare batteries from Amazon also, they don't fit well and are pretty much impossible to remove.