Gibson Brands Forums

50's Standard Wiring

IanHenry

I've been checking out Youtube reviews of the 50's Standard, particularly the faded ones, and one reviewer claimed that they come with 50's wiring, does anyone know if that's correct? 

It's really the Greeny model that I fancy most but they are like hen's teeth in the U.K. at the moment. 

1 minute ago, IanHenry said:

I've been checking out Youtube reviews of the 50's Standard, particularly the faded ones, and one reviewer claimed that they come with 50's wiring, does anyone know if that's correct? 

It's really the Greeny model that I fancy most but they are like hen's teeth in the U.K. at the moment. 

The 50s Standard comes with 50s wiring. I don't know about the 50s faded, but I can't see why it wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

The 50s Standard comes with 50s wiring. I don't know about the 50s faded, but I can't see why it wouldn't. 

The Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s Faded is also hand-wired (50s wiring) with Orange Drop capacitors, just like the Les Paul Standard 50s is. The only differences between those two models are the satin vs gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finishes, and the lack of pickup covers on the Burstbuckers in the Faded.