Gibson Brands Forums

ES335 Build time

newlife15

9 minutes ago, newlife15 said:

Hi all,

How long does it take from start to finish to build a Gibson ES335 at the Nashville factory?

I would say don't your breath . I've heard of people waiting well over 9 months to a year and a half.  They got all the other guitars to build plus yours goes to the back of the line as far as custom stuff that's already been ordered.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, newlife15 said:

Is their non custom shop es335’s same time freame?

Are you talking about getting one custom built to your specs, or just how long does it take to make a 335 from day one till finished? I thought you wanted one built to your specs.

I have no clue about build time. But custom spec stuff takes a while.

No one on this site is a Gibson employee, unless they are and keeping it a secret. Us forum guys don’t have access to built info.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

C&C  & the Form Presses they use have sped up the build time.. But, there is still a lot that is done by hand. The Body gluing & assembly, building & setting the necks. Then as mentioned above sanding, prepping & spraying the Clearcoat & the drying time.. Then the final assembly of the Guitar.. Tuners, Nut, Electronics, Pots, Caps, Jacks, Bridge, Pickups, Plek for Gibson’s necks, polishing & buffing… String & Set up… Also, Hard Case construction…

It’s no simple task….