Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars that you wonder why you have.

Basshole

For the longest time Ive noticed that I have a pink stratocaster sitting in my room, I never play it. Though it does have some super hot pick-ups and has a mighty miite neck, I never play it. It even has a pink strap. Latley Ive just been thinking "why do I have that"

Do you ever have guitar like this, that you bought and then you wonder why you got it in the first place?

I have only 4 guitars now and each one serves a purpose.

R9) For good ol' rock n' roll with balls.....70's style.

Stratocaster) For blues. Tuned down half a step.

Charvel San Dimas) For 80's style rock with a whammy bar and a flat neck radius.

Alvarez Yairi) Sweet acoustic for when the mood strikes.

I have only 4 guitars now and each one serves a purpose.

R9) For good ol' rock n' roll with balls.....70's style.

Stratocaster) For blues. Tuned down half a step.

Charvel San Dimas) For 80's style rock with a whammy bar and a flat neck radius.

Alvarez Yairi) Sweet acoustic for when the mood strikes.

Alvarez-Yairi...LOVE mine...amazing quality...What model do you have?

I have the DYM95 Masterworks.

Beautiful sound and it is flawless in its construction. What model do you have?

Very nice. A Masterworks might be my next guitar. I have a '91 DY-53N. It's classified as a "mini-jumbo." The thing has been through hell and back and just sounds better and better. It's built like Gibralter.

Very nice. A Masterworks might be my next guitar. I have a '91 DY-53N. It's classified as a "mini-jumbo." The thing has been through hell and back and just sounds better and better. It's built like Gibralter.

Each Yairi is seasoned. They put every guitar in a sound proof room and play music through speakers to tighten

the wood cells of the guitar. They do get better with age as well!

You have a sweet guitar!

For the longest time Ive noticed that I have a pink stratocaster sitting in my room' date=' I never play it. Though it does have some super hot pick-ups and has a mighty miite neck, I never play it. It even has a pink strap. Latley Ive just been thinking "why do I have that"

Do you ever have guitar like this, that you bought and then you wonder why you got it in the first place?[/quote']

Maybe you have a dual personality and....You Know. LOL!!!=P~

Each Yairi is seasoned. They put every guitar in a sound proof room and play music through speakers to tighten

the wood cells of the guitar. They do get better with age as well!

You have a sweet guitar!

Can we see some pics of those Yairi's....

Several.

One is a one of those cheap Yamaha archtop guitars; I picked it up at a clearance sale for $150 around two years ago and have probably played it three times. It just doesn't do it for me.

I have a couple of old Ibanez guitars that need to be put together but I just never seem to get around to it. One is shaped similar to a Les Paul and is actually a pretty nice guitar, the other is a pointy heavy metal thing that I modified the heck out of.

I have some sort of custom made parts guitar some guy made that is shaped like a Jackson Rhoads V (it's blue and has an 80's style design on it too). I bought that one over 20 years ago based on looks alone and it was just never a very good guitar. Another one that has been pillaged and needs to be put back together.

I own around 12 guitar, play four on a fairly regular basis and two all the time - my LP and my Strat the most followed somewhat closely by my Tele.

Archived