Gibson Brands Forums

Sponsoring

Wishmaker101

If your looking for endorsements most places have you send a press kit...With Gibson, good luck....haha....I'm 99.9% sure they only give away free gear to the really high profile artists anyways....But there are different levels of endorsement...Most companies don't really give their gear away anymore, they just sell it to you at dealer cost.

I know this kid and he was sponsored by Dean guitars for posting a video of himself tapping eruption on a dean. And they gave him a guitar of his choice. So should i post a video of myself doing something badass or something with a gibson. Would that be enough? Except the only problem is that i dont have a gibson i have an epiphone SG. So what should i do.

I know this kid and he was sponsored by Dean guitars for posting a video of himself tapping eruption on a dean. And they gave him a guitar of his choice. So should i post a video of myself doing something badass or something with a gibson. Would that be enough? Except the only problem is that i dont have a gibson i have an epiphone SG. So what should i do.

I know Dean held a contest a while back so it might be from that....I've had endorsements over the years with Fernandes, Dean, B.C. Rich, Rotosound, Hipshot, Peavey, Marshall, and Snap Jack Cables....All of those were low level endorsements due to the fact the bands I'd been in weren't that big....Basically get yourself a press kit together and send it to whoever you're trying to get an endorsement from...Don't get discouraged if they don't answer back...You also have to realize that the more visible you are the more likely you'll get an endorsement....Also, the more well known you are the better deal you'll get....Most places will have where to send press kits for endorsement listed on their FAQ pages....If they don't, you can email them....The only other way is if you've got a famous friend that can get you in....Hope that helps.

Dear friend I sponsor.

You want gibson me have, me sponsor you with part of cost, you send a 250 dolar american and me sent you good 3000 dolar american guitar original gibson. Me have more brand that you like, you ask and me sponsor with brand.

[-X

Now really... if they were giving endorsements and stuff away I would like them to give it to jesse and ba$$hole (I know most would say AXE but the man is already awesome enough so I don't think he needs it).

What you got to do is annoy the hell out of Gibson buy calling them every hour asking for endorsements.

They told me they will send me a Free Les Paul if i quit bothering them and they did.

:-k I call it bull$hit...#-o that didn't work with the calendar and that was cost free for them![-X

• 11 years later...

Why do you makes a statement that you really know nothing about? I was sponsored by Gibson in 2000. I'm not some huge Rockstar. My sponsorship had expired I believe in 200 4. All's I would have had to do is just basically fill out some paperwork. I remember to qualify you had to also play a certain amount of shows in popular venues. You're right there are different levels of sponsorship. But to say that you're 99.9% sure that they don't give gear or anything away anymore it's simply not true in any way. Both Fender and Gibson let you basically pick out a guitar of your choice within reason. Then the deals they give you are incredible. Then there's the gear that they send you a lot of times for free. I heard that Gibson does have different levels of sponsorship. I would assume I am on the lowest one. But I'm completely satisfied. If I were to tell you what I just paid for the silverburst LP Adam Jones signature. The price people are paying for that guitar from Gibson is pretty crazy. And what's even crazier are what these guitars are reselling for. But if I were to tell people what I hate got that guitar for. I don't think people would even believe me. But one of the Bands I was in when I was sponsored. We haven't been together for 15 years. But we got some music out on this television show on Netflix. So all the sudden Our Song is charting and we're probably going to be doing a tour.. but don't sink because Gibson because it's one of the biggest guitar names out there with the most expensive guitars sponsoring all the elite musicians. That don't mean that they are hard to get sponsorship. They are awesome especially when it comes to helping out the musician lacking proper gear because of low funds.

2 hours ago, Tommy777 said:

Why do you makes a statement that you really know nothing about? I was sponsored by Gibson in 2000. I'm not some huge Rockstar. My sponsorship had expired I believe in 200 4. All's I would have had to do is just basically fill out some paperwork. I remember to qualify you had to also play a certain amount of shows in popular venues. You're right there are different levels of sponsorship. But to say that you're 99.9% sure that they don't give gear or anything away anymore it's simply not true in any way. Both Fender and Gibson let you basically pick out a guitar of your choice within reason. Then the deals they give you are incredible. Then there's the gear that they send you a lot of times for free. I heard that Gibson does have different levels of sponsorship. I would assume I am on the lowest one. But I'm completely satisfied. If I were to tell you what I just paid for the silverburst LP Adam Jones signature. The price people are paying for that guitar from Gibson is pretty crazy. And what's even crazier are what these guitars are reselling for. But if I were to tell people what I hate got that guitar for. I don't think people would even believe me. But one of the Bands I was in when I was sponsored. We haven't been together for 15 years. But we got some music out on this television show on Netflix. So all the sudden Our Song is charting and we're probably going to be doing a tour.. but don't sink because Gibson because it's one of the biggest guitar names out there with the most expensive guitars sponsoring all the elite musicians. That don't mean that they are hard to get sponsorship. They are awesome especially when it comes to helping out the musician lacking proper gear because of low funds.

That is great.

Post a pic of your sponsorship paperwork and prove it to all these non believers.

• Thanks 1

I have artist deals with several companies including PRS, Spector, Korg, Curt Mangan Strings, Nordstrand Pickups, Conquest Sound and Presonus. I buy direct at a percentage off of what someone would normally pay in a retail store.   The discount varies based on type of product I am buying and the model.  Very few companies if any, give product away anymore. In order to get any type of deal you must be professional, have  an Electronic Press Kit, as well as an online and live performing presence.  Companies want their brand represented by professionals who can use their presence to promote their product.  They are not interested in giving deals to local cover band musicians or original bands who do not have a strong following,  In my case, I have national touring experience and do some of the music for several television shows including "American Pickers" on The History Channel, "The Deed" on CNBC and several others.  It's not easy to get artists deals. The best thing to do is email the company directly and ask what their requirements are. Posting the question in a public forum such as this, comes across as being from someone who lacks experience and / or is not professional.  Hope this helps.