Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG-Z

FlyEaglesFly

Does anyone know how many of these guitars were produced and sold? 

How many were sold in each color? i know they only had 2 color options. I bought the platinum one brand new in 97 or 98 I cant remember but still have it sitting under my bed in the original case hardly played.

1 hour ago, FlyEaglesFly said:

How many were sold in each color? i know they only had 2 color options. I bought the platinum one brand new in 97 or 98 I cant remember but still have it sitting under my bed in the original case hardly played.

Unless it is a run of say 150 and your guitar is marked 35/150 you will never find out. Gibson doesn’t release that info unless it is a limited run and stated on the guitar or the  website.  Like the recent Noel Gallagher ES-355’s. It stated they made 100 I think.

Guitars are meant to be played.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Sgt Pepper life happens my friend life happens, I have played it but no way near what it should have been. I will get some pictures and get them posted later today for ya gibsonmad.

There's just not much information on this guitar at all. I'm a AC/DC fan, love me some Malcolm and Angus Young. I should have went with the Gretsch LOL.

18 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly said:

Yes, I know how you feel. I have a Lines & Jones 4x5" large format enlarger in the loft. It hasn't been used since I dismantled my darkroom in the 80s when digital kicked in. It has an enamelled metal base and a cold cathode fluorescent head. I bought it in about 1977. Anyway, I started to get curious about it during last years autumnal equinox. I wonder how many they made? and did they use the same head in the 8x10 version? I need to find a photography forum and ask away. Wish me luck. 👍

2 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly said:

Sgt Pepper life happens my friend life happens, I have played it but no way near what it should have been. I will get some pictures and get them posted later today for ya gibsonmad.

There's just not much information on this guitar at all. I'm a AC/DC fan, love me some Malcolm and Angus Young. I should have went with the Gretsch LOL.

Take it out from under the bed and put it on a stand where you trip over it so you know its there. I know life happens. If you have no time for it sell it. I have a wife, kids, dog and a job and I manage to play what I own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Take it out from under the bed and put it on a stand where you trip over it so you know its there. I know life happens. If you have no time for it sell it. I have a wife, kids, dog and a job and I manage to play what I own. 

Yeah after the kids get done fall sports  here I'm going to get out the toys and start playing with my kids, I'll put one on the drums, two on guitar, one singing and one on the keyboard and see what we can do! I know if i sold it I will regret it down the road. Maybe one of the kids can take off where I never began.

20 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly said:

Gibsonmad its telling me my pictures are to large and will not allow me to upload them, is there a trick to this?

Hello

I'd like a SG-Z.

You have to use a (free) image-hosting site.  Upload your photos to that then copy/paste the direct link they provide.  I use  Post image (not my guitar) -

Gibson_SGZ.jpg

51 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Hello

I'd like a SG-Z.

You have to use a (free) image-hosting site.  Upload your photos to that then copy/paste the direct link they provide.  I use  Post image (not my guitar) -

Gibson_SGZ.jpg

Angus's doesn't look like that.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper