Gibson Brands Forums

fruit of the loom country comfort the hawk

2drained

i have a relatively old usa gibson the hawk with the fruit of the loom decals and autographs from their music festivals a while back. anyone know what the value is on it? there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of them out there so do any gibson heads know anything? it looks just like the one in the attached picture. looking to possibly sell it to get an sg92336333U_16__08955.1673563605.jpg?c=2

Are the decals under the clearcoat? If so, it looks like one for Trogly. He has a number of Gibson 'specials' made for commercial companies (cars, restaurant chains etc). 

This looks like one of those. I never knew they made one for a teeshirt company. 

It may have a limited collector interest. 

Without being a jerkwad, which I am, its worth what you can sell it for. The value doesn't go up cause an underwear sticker is on it,  and a few artists sigs. You would have to sell it to someone who likes those artists. Its basically a barebones guitar. $700 - 900? One sig might be Travis Tritt the others I can't tell.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Without being a jerkwad, which I am, its worth what you can sell it for. The value doesn't go up cause an underwear sticker is on it,  and a few artists sigs. You would have to sell it to someone who likes those artists. Its basically a barebones guitar. $700 - 900? One sig might be Travis Tritt the others I can't tell.

To be brutally frank, you're probably gonna have a hard time selling that. Not many people like their Gibsons scribbled on, and a T-shirt manufacturer's logo doesn't exactly make it any more desirable.

• 2 weeks later...

If I’m gonna be honest I think the only chance this has of being collectible is that it’s just such a hideous and stupid collab maybe a few people will like it ironically 

I just can’t imagine anybody wanting this thing for what it is. Maybe somebody like trogly would buy it cheap to make a video about it 

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

I just don't get signed guitars. There's no one I'd let near mine with a magic marker. Maybe it seems like a good idea at the time... 

Sign a guitar under the pickguard or under the control plate where it is out of the way and no one will see it. If its that big rock star you like, only you will know its there, and it won't have a chance to rub off.  It takes 15 seconds to take off the guard or control plate.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1