Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Accessories and Fun Stuff?

Ignatius

I am just as frustrated as everyone else wondering why I can't get a Gibson Acoustic t-shirt anywhere - not even on eBay.

At my local dealer I can buy a Gibson polishing cloth or a really cheap Gibson guitar strap. That ends the accessory selection available to an acoustic player here. It is pretty sad.

I own Martin guitars as well, and I have to say that Martin is much more in tune with customer's needs in this respect. Their site has everything from hats to shot glasses as well as parts like quality bridge pins and that sort of thing. It would be great if Gibson would follow suit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zaphod, as much as I love my Hogs...I can't get myself to liking the F-150 HD. I do have a ridiculous amount of Harley jackets and tees. I don't but any more HD clothing. I wouldn't mind seeing a nice leather jacket with a tasteful Gibby and logo.

Zaphod' date=' as much as I love my Hogs...I can't get myself to liking the F-150 HD. I do have a ridiculous amount of Harley jackets and tees. I don't but any more HD clothing. I wouldn't mind seeing a nice leather jacket with a tasteful Gibby and logo.[/color']

Same here.

I love my nuclear-powered Kawasaki ZX-12R and I do have a logo jacket, but I can't imagine a "Ninja Special Edition" Subaru WRX STi. Or wait, maybe I can......[-X

The last time I was in the Tenn showcase a gibson salemen told me they did not have a lot of stuff because they were maybe going to change the logo, perhaps back to the old style I would be okay with the with that

Mark

There are plans to make more Gibson merchandise (shirts' date=' etc.) widely available, but we have no information regarding exactly when this will happen. [/quote']

Isn't this about the same as saying you have nothing and aren't going to make anything? I mean, I plan to be able to play like Tommy Emmanuel - I just don't know how or when, but I'm going to do it, OK? So, do you want to buy a ticket to my show?

Come on, get organized and post information that says something.

I found out that Gibson Gear's office is located about 3 miles from me in Elgin IL. I was told that is were they produce most of Gibson's

pickups. Why Elgin IL? I have no idea. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi, then probably get arrested.

Mark

I found out that Gibson Gear's office is located about 3 miles from me in Elgin IL. I was told that is were they produce most of Gibson's

pickups. Why Elgin IL? I have no idea. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi' date=' then probably get arrested.

Mark[/quote']

Isn't that where the strings are made too?

pickups. Why Elgin IL? I have no idea. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi' date=' then probably get arrested.

Mark[/quote']

Elgin?? Elgin?!? And they make the strings there, too?? I think I need to stop by there as well. I didn't realize part of Gibson was still nestled in the ol' Midwest. How did you discover this, Mark?

Ignatius

I remember when I was at the Custom Show in July (Remember? Ignatius the one you weren't invited to) anyhow I was at the Robot demo

and the instructor mentioned that Elgin is home of their pickups. He told me Elgin has made their pickups for many years. Then he gave us

all free Les Pauls and Les Paul drove us back to our hotel. What an event! I'll see what I can can do to get you in this year, But you'll owe me.

Mark

I remember when I was at the Custom Show in July (Remember? Ignatius the one you weren't invited to) anyhow I was at the Robot demo and the instructor mentioned that Elgin is home of their pickups. He told me Elgin has made their pickups for many years.

Then he gave us all free Les Pauls and Les Paul drove us back to our hotel. What an event! I'll see what I can can do to get you in this year' date=' But you'll owe me.

Mark[/quote']

Free Les Pauls? Mr. Paul drove you home? No wonder I wasn't invited; I didn't donate to the Les Paul Museum fund in Waukesha when I was living in Milwaukee. I'm sure he heard how cheap I am and refused to have me invited to the Custom Show. I'm still waiting for ESther 335 to show up giving away her models. Make sure you invite me to that show.

And hey, when you are going to post those pictures so I know what guitar I want?

Ignatius

1150 Bowes RD Elgin Il I feel like a stalker! I don't think they are open to the public, I will be in that area next week and check it out.

Those pics are still in my camera and yet to be downloaded. By the way I was only kidding about Les driving us back to the hotel, we stayed

at his house.

Mark

TVPhotos026.jpg

This was first thing in the morning. The tents you see were full of equipment to play, games to win

Gibson gear and just to the left is the custom shop. This is the rear parking lot

I cannot load muliti pics for some reason so I'll do them 1 at a time

Cool pictures, Mark! Thanks for posting them.

Is that the motorcycle that Les rides when he brings people back to his house after the Custom Show? He probably should get a sidecar so he can carry at least two or three people on the cycle at a time. He's getting a little old to be doing dozens of trips to and from the show to his house. You guys should give him a break. I suppose you expected him to make breakfast for all of you too.

Ignatius

• 2 weeks later...
You can purchase Gibson merchandise at our Retail Locations in Nashville and Memphis -

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Locations/RetailCenters

And I'm in Chicago.

I think you missed the point of this entire thread: most of us are not close enough to the "Retail Locations" to purchase Gibson merchandise. We know about the "Retail Locations." To put the concern more clearly, we are just wondering why there are not t-shirts available at the authorized dealers.

Ignatius

Archived