Gibson Brands Forums

İf you could give Gibson a guitar idea what would it be?

random human

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Isn't that every sig model and LTD model? A tweak here or there,or a guitar with old specs, and it’s now priced at thousands of dollars over what it should be.

Yeah I guess there is a market for this kind of stuff. Just saw this Slash LP and remember seeing the Chibson variant of this haha! It was a piece…. I doled out for my reissues but nothing in the range of $10k… Not complaining that I can’t get this Slash LP, but just a lot of money to spend on a guitar that is basically not to be played. I mean, I wouldn’t want to gig with it… just me though haha! But to each and to their own I guess… 

On 10/12/2023 at 5:42 PM, Larsongs said:

Build great Acoustic Electric Jumbo Dreadnought Guitars of Rosewood, Maple, Mahogany & Walnut that aren’t stripped down & de-contented for under $2000.00…

I forgot to add, with High Gloss finish..

On 10/12/2023 at 8:42 PM, Larsongs said:

Build great Acoustic Electric Jumbo Dreadnought Guitars of Rosewood, Maple, Mahogany & Walnut that aren’t stripped down & de-contented for under $2000.00…

Sir, I would like you to share your stash, and know what dream world you live in? Pretty soon a 2k guitar is gonna be the cheapest ones you can buy. I remember when J-15's were $950 w/case and sold like nuts, so lets discontinue those.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 10/3/2023 at 7:08 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Lower prices and stop making 45 versions of every model. A Special, Studio  and Standard should be able to get anyone what they need. If not there is the Custom Shop or M2M.

On Gibson's site there are 21 rows of Les Pauls with 4 in each row. Math is hard but even I know that's a lot of models. Now a few are TM Aged ones, but still they are there to purchase. 

There are 3 rows of Original LP's, 2 rows of Modern's, 3 rows of Exclusives, 4  rows of Artists,  6 rows of Custom Shop jobs, and 3 rows of TM Lab models. 

There are only 30 total SG's. 31 if you count the bass. 

Took the words out of my mouth. More affordable guitars for common people. Epiphone did it, good quality for cheaper prices.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:42 PM, Larsongs said:

18 hours ago, Retired said:

Took the words out of my mouth. More affordable guitars for common people. Epiphone did it, good quality for cheaper prices.

Ssshhhhhh let’s not move production to China 🇨🇳 

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Where ya been Butch?

High Sgt.  Actually, we drove down to Georgia to rescue this Show bred Doberman and his first year has been a kicker training him. Oliver has been the most unusual Doberman I've ever trained. He gets so wild and crazy and demands all your attention.  I told my wife, if I had known in advance, I would have named him, "WILD THING'  from the Troggs.  I can't play my new guitar Deb gave me with Oliver there. He's my shadow. She bought me a new Gretsch Jet.  It has an unusual finish. Rob put a photo of it on the Epiphone Lounge in "Whats on your mind".  Not the best photo of it though. 

3 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Ssshhhhhh let’s not move production to China 🇨🇳 

Lol, got that right. And I didn't know that Gretsch came from China.  The new guitar that Debbie bought me has made in China on its back.  I loved the finish on it and it sounded great.  She bought it from Sweetwater,  Thats a first ever from them.  It's a Jet, single cut with BRISTOL FOG  finish. I loved that wood grain finish with a black burst.

The “Blues Hawk” should be re-introduced with real Gibson P-90’s in place of the anemic stock Gibson Blues-90s,  the Epiphone version “Blueshawk” sounds way better with its basic P-90s in it.

EXDCmyN.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Retired said:

Lol, got that right. And I didn't know that Gretsch came from China.  The new guitar that Debbie bought me has made in China on its back.  I loved the finish on it and it sounded great.  She bought it from Sweetwater,  Thats a first ever from them.  It's a Jet, single cut with BRISTOL FOG  finish. I loved that wood grain finish with a black burst.

Well, not all of them do…

Gretsch Custom Shop are USA.. Price prohibitive for most of us.. Professional Series are Made in Japan at Terada.. Not cheap but are outstanding Guitars! Both Series are arguably the best built Guitars on the Planet at this time..

Electromatics are built in Korea.. Excellent Quaity & reasonably Priced..

The Entry level Gretsch’s are made in China.. Pretty darn good & inexpensive…

1 hour ago, Larsongs said:

Well, not all of them do…

Gretsch Custom Shop are USA.. Price prohibitive for most of us.. Professional Series are Made in Japan at Terada.. Not cheap but are outstanding Guitars! Both Series are arguably the best built Guitars on the Planet at this time..

Electromatics are built in Korea.. Excellent Quaity & reasonably Priced..

The Entry level Gretsch’s are made in China.. Pretty darn good & inexpensive…

This one cost $649.00.  I listened to it on the net before it came. Not disappointed either.I like the Baritone tones and the Piano type tones. It has good sustain also which I like. I played a Jet as a kid in school. One of my favorite guitars to go to.  Deb talked me out of all my guitars when we married because the house was small and no room for them.  I really liked the semi hollow Gretch I had but our grandson kept asking for it so what do you do?  I cleaned it, set it up & put new strings on it and took it over for him.  The same time, I gave our granddaughter my Vintage modified Jaguar and our son the Eipiphone Standard. He wanted it. I wasn't really planning on any more. 

20 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Zager builds some pretty great Guitars under $2000.00.. Check out a ZAD900..

That’s probably the worst example you could have chosen but you were just misguided by their deceptive marketing

Zager buys guitars from China they don’t make anything. Some asshat from Zager posts spam here about once a year

7 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

That’s probably the worst example you could have chosen but you were just misguided by their deceptive marketing

Zager buys guitars from China they don’t make anything. Some asshat from Zager posts spam here about once a year

So this is BS?

https://instrumentguys.com/where-are-zager-guitars-made

I just talked to a Rep at Zager on the Phone & the 80 Series & the 900 Series are USA built Guitars..

Some of their other Guitar parts are sourced from Indonesia & are assembled here.

Edited by Larsongs

11 hours ago, Larsongs said:

So this is BS?

https://instrumentguys.com/where-are-zager-guitars-made

I just talked to a Rep at Zager on the Phone & the 80 Series & the 900 Series are USA built Guitars..

Some of their other Guitar parts are sourced from Indonesia & are assembled here.

These guys are absolutely running a scam.

I have even seen their reps claim that every guitar is personally built by that one Zager guy. So if we believe that obviously this Zager guy is the single most prolific luthier of all time. He doesn’t sleep or eat, he’s just banging out the best quality acoustics at record speed for bargain prices.

Ooooor maybe he opens a box from Asia and slaps a sticker in the sound hole and turns a screw here and files a slot there if you’re lucky  

Last time we saw Zager here he hit us with some classic spam and created multiple accounts to post fake reviews. It was so stupid it was embarrassing. Out of the blue a new account is spamming Zager. Then suddenly people are creating new accounts to make their only post on this forum a glowing review of their favorite Zager product

3 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

These guys are absolutely running a scam.

I have even seen their reps claim that every guitar is personally built by that one Zager guy. So if we believe that obviously this Zager guy is the single most prolific luthier of all time. He doesn’t sleep or eat, he’s just banging out the best quality acoustics at record speed for bargain prices.

Ooooor maybe he opens a box from Asia and slaps a sticker in the sound hole and turns a screw here and files a slot there if you’re lucky  

Last time we saw Zager here he hit us with some classic spam and created multiple accounts to post fake reviews. It was so stupid it was embarrassing. Out of the blue a new account is spamming Zager. Then suddenly people are creating new accounts to make their only post on this forum a glowing review of their favorite Zager product

You all have been here longer than I… I defer to the more experienced members here who have more knowledge about this Company than I do…

Luckily I have no interest in their Guitars.. Just saw some YouTubes and checked out their website… 

Another is Guild USA.. I have called them 4-5 different times.. They do not answer the Phone.. I don’t want to do business with a Company I can’t talk to..

My idea is a little more encompassing than one guitar.

How about return to what you set out to do in 2019 which was to recreate the Ted McCarty era instead of recreating the Henry J. era which is what you're doing now.  The ES-345 doesn't even have a VariTone and the less said about that Mod Collection the better.

Edited by SteveFord

5 hours ago, SteveFord said:

My idea is a little more encompassing than one guitar.

How about return to what you set out to do in 2019 which was to recreate the Ted McCarty era instead of recreating the Henry J. era which is what you're doing now.  The ES-345 doesn't even have a VariTone and the less said about that Mod Collection the better.

All Gibson needs to make is a LP just like the classic and dare I say the word iconic 1959 Les Paul Standard, and the 1942 Banner J-45. Its all people want from Gibson. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 hours ago, Larsongs said:

You all have been here longer than I… I defer to the more experienced members here who have more knowledge about this Company than I do…

Luckily I have no interest in their Guitars.. Just saw some YouTubes and checked out their website… 

Another is Guild USA.. I have called them 4-5 different times.. They do not answer the Phone.. I don’t want to do business with a Company I can’t talk to..

I’ve been a member here since 2007. I’ve seen all good people turn their heads each day