Gibson Brands Forums

I think i changed my life goal....

dem00n

Ok here we go!

Ok so my friend was going to a concert and well his uncle could not come so...he wanted to take me or darren...darren couldnt go so i went. Ok so there was 4 bands forgot the name of 2 but the other 2 are Killswitch enaged and...i cant belive im saying this but the 2nd one is Disturbed. Ok well i was bored so i said to myslf "ill just walk outside and ignore em". Ok the 2 bands with the names i forgot sucked! Since Killswitch engaged was a old fav of mine, i liked them...still a funny metal band! Ok so with out knowing Disturbed was the host of this event and they played 16 songs...if i went outside i could still hear them so i decide to listen and watch them....horrible...the guitar solos are like...words cant describe how much it sounded bad. The voaclist does things like saying "Today you will become stronger!" to everyone. He also does random pauses in middle of songs like its post to be epic or something! Ok so while everyone else was standing and cheering...while i was sitting down...the singer said "I am grateful for having the most loyal fans from any other metal band!"...i was never so mad in my life...it shook me i cant sleep now! This fagget who thinks he is the next big thing! Someone need to kill this stupid genre called Nu-Metal full of no talent punks who think they are the ****...

True that Disturbed is 'Nu-Metal,' but you have to admit, it is something how they've somehow been able to stay as big as they have. A lot of those Nu-Metal bands can't play some of the places that they play at and are back to clubs. Can't say I'm a Disturbed fan, but they're obviously doing something right.

True that Disturbed is 'Nu-Metal' date='' but you have to admit, it is something how they've somehow been able to stay as big as they have. A lot of those Nu-Metal bands can't play some of the places that they play at and are back to clubs. Can't say I'm a Disturbed fan, but they're obviously doing something right. [/quote']

+1 A friend of mine is a big fan of Disturbed. I like some of their songs and even have one of their CDs but that's about it. But hey - good for them for being able to earn a decent living doing what they like to do; besides, they must be doing something right if they have such a good following. Sometimes we musicians can't get over ourselves long enough to remember that it's the songs and presentation that count the most, not the solos.

Ok here we go!

Ok so my friend was going to a concert and well his uncle could not come so...he wanted to take me or darren...darren couldnt go so i went. Ok so there was 4 bands forgot the name of 2 but the other 2 are Killswitch enaged and...i cant belive im saying this but the 2nd one is Disturbed. Ok well i was bored so i said to myslf "ill just walk outside and ignore em". Ok the 2 bands with the names i forgot sucked! Since Killswitch engaged was a old fav of mine' date=' i liked them...still a funny metal band! Ok so with out knowing Disturbed was the host of this event and they played 16 songs...if i went outside i could still hear them so i decide to listen and watch them....horrible...the guitar solos are like...words cant describe how much it sounded bad. The voaclist does things like saying "Today you will become stronger!" to everyone. He also does random pauses in middle of songs like its post to be epic or something! Ok so while everyone else was standing and cheering...while i was sitting down...the singer said "I am grateful for having the most loyal fans from any other metal band!"...i was never so mad in my life...it shook me i cant sleep now! This fagget who thinks he is the next big thing! Someone need to kill this stupid genre called Nu-Metal full of no talent punks who think they are the ****...

[/quote']

Who's Darren?

Seriously' date=' Disturbed sucks really bad... and they do think they are the second coming. But don't let that bother you... just practice so you can become really great and form a really good band.[/quote']

Now that's funny.

When English isn't your primary language and you speak in broken form (or what ever form that is) to the American kid. That cracks me up.

I do like DemOOn. He's a good kid. If he is reading this though he should get off the computer and go find a life.

Man Dem00n it ain't that hard. Pick out a worthwild Occupation That pays good and Something you think will make you happy the rest of your life. The music is always there. Making your decision now gives you the jump of setting your learning goals. To set your future up. Then you can play clubs if you want, make a cd, buy the equipment you want. Even if you chose to start a band and tour. When it's over you'll have a vocation that will pay the bills.

Ok here we go!

Ok so my friend was going to a concert and well his uncle could not come so...he wanted to take me or darren...darren couldnt go so i went. Ok so there was 4 bands forgot the name of 2 but the other 2 are Killswitch enaged and...i cant belive im saying this but the 2nd one is Disturbed. Ok well i was bored so i said to myslf "ill just walk outside and ignore em". Ok the 2 bands with the names i forgot sucked! Since Killswitch engaged was a old fav of mine' date=' i liked them...still a funny metal band! Ok so with out knowing Disturbed was the host of this event and they played 16 songs...if i went outside i could still hear them so i decide to listen and watch them....horrible...the guitar solos are like...words cant describe how much it sounded bad. The voaclist does things like saying "Today you will become stronger!" to everyone. He also does random pauses in middle of songs like its post to be epic or something! Ok so while everyone else was standing and cheering...while i was sitting down...the singer said "I am grateful for having the most loyal fans from any other metal band!"...i was never so mad in my life...it shook me i cant sleep now! This fagget who thinks he is the next big thing! Someone need to kill this stupid genre called Nu-Metal full of no talent punks who think they are the ****... [/quote']

I'm a bit confused; are you freaked out because you didn't/don't like the singer? Or is it his attitude? Or is it the genre? And why would you lost sleep over someone else's schtick? Just wait, someday if you survive yourself, you'll be an old fart and won't give a rat's rump about what anyone else is doing or saying. You'll just do the best you can and not worry about anyone else's opinion or attitude. You could do that now but you're young and impetuous and worry too much about what other people are thinking. Stop doing that. =P~

Archived