Gibson Brands Forums

Time to say goodbye

Flight959

People!

I was hoping Gibson would have got shot of the lounge upon buddy lights last return. Virtually all the posts in the lounge these days either start or end up in political rants. You could say "well don't read it" not much choice when its everywhere! This forum was a great place with lost of great guys (Who are still here) but sadly it just seems like a place where no one wants to talk guitars anymore unless a new member arrives.

I used to love coming here, but now there are a few members who clearly just wanna flex there knowledge in a subject that in no way even relates to a musical instrument which just starts arguments and breeds hate. I know its the lounge and its open for any topic but I just get sick of reading the same old 5hit over and over again...

And don't worry guys, I wont let the door hit me on the way out!!

Regards

Flight959 =;

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just get sick of reading the same old 5hit over and over again...

Me too!!!

:-)

The US is in a bad way of late, people are scared.

Most are too young to remember the past, those of us who do can't seem to illustrate it clearly enough.

I understand your weariness of it all if you're abroad.

Be cool, Flight959.

Me too!!!

:-)

The US is in a bad way of late' date=' people are scared.

Most are too young to remember the past, those of us who do can't seem to illustrate it clearly enough.

I understand your weariness of it all if you're abroad.

[/quote']

I agree Neo...but remember Its not just you guys across the pond getting fcuked, its everyone everywhere! Its just as bad here in the UK...I live with it, we all do, I just dont wanna talk about it...

Regards

Flight959

Hi Mate' date='

I sent you a PM too but sorry to see you go. thermoinic first on his 1000th post and now you.

Hope to see you at the gibson Bash in London on the 19th June.

Roger[/quote']

I think its the 9th

See ya there!!

It's pretty much a media bombardment, every where you look you see one versus the other.

I like to come here for a drink and shoot the sh!t with my buds.

Fuxk I can't even go t a local pub with out seeing the same bullsh!t on the tube there either.

I agree Neo...but remember Its not just you guys across the pond getting fcuked' date=' its everyone everywhere!

Its just as bad here in the UK... [/quote']

Americans don't care - really.

They can't seem to get their head out of their *** concerning what happens on their very street - let alone yours.

To add the concerns of our allies and closest societal relatives is beyond their abilities.

The US economy is dragging the rest of the world down, and when most Americans see that they worry how it will affect them in the USA!

Obama was right on some points, but was all wrong in his words and deeds abroad.

Americans are indeed arrogant when it comes to reality outside our borders.

Hi Basshole' date='

I'm guilty on getting drawn in on that one. Personally I don't mind the political discussion it's the Flaming and sometimes discourtesy that I find most wearing.

My own reasons for being on the Forum initially was of course my quest for a 12 string Byrdland, a quest that continues by the way. I have nursed my Byrdland Famous Players Thread up to and through the 6000 views barrier I am sure at least 500 of those views must be my own. I also look at and join in on guitar threads for the other sections here.

To me it's very much like going to the pub for a drink having a chat with a few of the lads and ladies and chatting, but a bar where everyone has something in common, Guitars.

A few of the political things got to the point where i have felt I really just had to pitch in myself and have my 10cents as you guys say.

ANy old how I'm gonna stay around because the companies fine even if I don't agree with a lot of stuff I learn a lot about guitars and other stuff to.

So now I'm goin' back again,

I got to get to her somehow.

All the people we used to know

They're an illusion to me now.

Some are mathematicians

Some are carpenter's wives.

Don't know how it all got started,

I don't know what they're doin' with their lives.

But me, I'm still on the road

Headin' for another joint

[b']We always did feel the same,

We just saw it from a different point of view,[/b]

Tangled up in blue.

Great song Tangled up in Blue Bob Dylan

It's ok Roger

Nobody is at fault

I deleted the thread, as far as im concered I have no idea what your talking about:d/

You have the power to change what you read. Too bad you don't see that. If everyone were to ignore posts that bother them, the postings of that nature would most likely dry up to a trickle.

You also have the power to post quality threads. I guess you don't see that either.

I'm like Axe in many ways. I enjoy the banter with the buds at the pub as it were, but I also occasionally make a quality (at least I feel some are quality) post, or offer to help where I can.

As example:

The Reference Bookshelf thread I created

It was meant as an opportunity to educate yourselves for free. To learn a little something as it were.

Truth be told very few are interested in contributing to something like that. Why? Because to most, a little education is boring. Notice how FEW views or contributions to the post there were.

Sorry to see you go. It doesn't have to be that way. But THAT'S up to you to decide.

I'll agree it is a bit annoying to see all the political threads. You want to come to a board to get away from it. I mean, if you want to see a bunch of people rant about politics go to a Rage Against The Machien board, where it's not about the music, but the politics. I too would hate to see this board become so obsessed with that crap. Afterall, we're all here because we enjoy playing music. When I hear or read an artist ranting their views all I can think is dude, I don't even care if you have a degree, shut your fuc!king mouth and play your instrument. Times like these you want to forget about how bad things are.

Hate to see you go, sir, but I certainly understand. I, too, find the number of useful threads, and the overwhelming wealth of knowledge we used to get here, to have dwindled to a mere trickle. Other forums have utilized special areas for politics and religion... but as you pointed out, there are certain folks here who can't talk anything else, and that would eventually mean most threads would just end up being moved to the politics or religion area.

Glad I got to make your acquaintance, and hope we can talk again sometime O:)

Sadly I understand, hate to see you go but once the types that ruin guitar forums get ahold of it they are a tough pest to get rid of. They feed off each other.

I too come here to get away from all the media bombardment but even weeding through posts is not enough sometimes. On top of that I have a few coworkers keeping track of every polictical situation and stopping by to talk to me about it (for some reason). Its gotten so bad that I do not go to happy hour anymore. I rather drink alone.

The fkucers that ruin it for all of us don't even care. The common denominator with these idiots is that they all think they know what they are talking about. I wish we could hold them to their comments, projections and opinions assess a hefty financial penatly every time they made a wrong stand.

If running their mouth wasn't free they'd think twice about it.

**** politics, stay man, you are one of the coolest members of the forum and one of the oldest (in terms of how long you have been).

At least stay i the les paul section =D>

If you really gotta go, then we'll sure miss you around here, and wait for your return (I tried to leave last december but I fdound myself coming back after a week...).

This site is for pretty much for entertainment only. You can get great advice here and problems solved. I think most posters post controversial topics just to get a reaction out of people. It's a Gibson forum. The 8 page political threads are a joke. I just skip over them. If someone wanted a legitimate argument, they would go to a political site. They have no place here. Opinions are like assholes...........

Metallica is for 15 year olds

Nevermind is one of the greatest albums made

Bush was a great president

We should have nuked a middle east country on 9/12

there is a God

JIMMY PAGE IS THE GREATEST ROCK GUITARIST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

Archived