Gibson Brands Forums

Time to say goodbye

Flight959

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the personal attacks and name calling that have to stop. There are a couple of people in the forum who seem to get a little too much pleasure out of trying to publicly humiliate those who disagree with them.

I agree completely' date=' it really just looks like immature people looking for the limelight.

Its a ****ing guitar forum...when will ppl realize this?

Since when was this an excuse to name call and bully people?

Just because it is a Guitar forum anything goes and there is no need to act civilized?

you cant leave' date=' you are the coolest guy here

well, besides rich, and thundergod

[/quote']

*COUGH* *COUGH*

[-(

In all seriousness, man, don't leave.

I left for like a month for similar reasons, I came back (obviously)

At most take a break a few weeks, a month come back, and re-evaluate...

But if you MUST

It's been a good run buddy!

;) :) :-({|=

Flight I'd hate to see ya go.

I've been reading some of these posts and like it or not the regulars here have become sort of like the guys down at the pub. Some you can click with and others you tolerate - ok sometimes all of us are jerks. Some conversations you join while others you do not. The point is that in a small way we have all gotten to know each other on a certain level and become friends. And you flight are a part of that Gibson circle of friends.

We have Gibson guitars as our common bond and we have a level of friendship and this is the reason why it's just not cool to bash or call others names. You may have that type of relation with you best friend if your in school, but sooner or later ya just grow out of it (or you don't keep friends very long).

I don't drink any more, but Flight if ya feel you have to leave then drink a pint at the pup for your friends at the Gibson lounge and remember that I'd drink one with ya. Cheers

I apologize If I misunderstood what you were saying' date=' I thought you were being facetious.

[/quote']

I was saying that no one should take anything personal on a guitar forum. I mean were all just a bunch of guitar players! Besdies Pumpkin, wicked1, and those guys who join the forum for one day.

I was saying that no one should take anything personal on a guitar forum. I mean were all just a bunch of guitar players! Besdies Pumpkin' date=' wicked1, and those guys who join the forum for one day. [/quote']

It is not that people are taking it personally. But the personal attacks ruin the forum and result in good people leaving.

I was saying that no one should take anything personal on a guitar forum. I mean were all just a bunch of guitar players! Besdies Pumpkin' date=' wicked1, and those guys who join the forum for one day. [/quote']

I would agree not to take things too seriously here, but there is no reason anyone should have to put up with being name-called or bullied either. I think the majority of us here are adults and those who aren't are close enough that they can act in a mature and reasonable manner and have conversations or even debate topics with people with out resorting to the name-calling and bullying.

flight, hate to see ya go, but do what ya gotta do.

i still think some of you whining about the content of the lounge are just being silly. its the freakin' lounge. we begged gibson for an off topic area and got one. now you're crying because of non-guitar posts? you really cant ignore them? i've been on this forum for a fairly long time now. every conceiveable topic about les pauls has been beat to death. forgive me for engaging in other discussions.

is this fake? is this real? what is topwrapping? is my studio as good as a standard? blah blah blah

flight' date=' hate to see ya go, but do what ya gotta do.

i still think some of you whining about the content of the lounge are just being silly. its the freakin' lounge. we begged gibson for an off topic area and got one. now you're crying because of non-guitar posts? you really cant ignore them? i've been on this forum for a fairly long time now. every conceiveable topic about les pauls has been beat to death. forgive me for engaging in other discussions.

is this fake? is this real? what is topwrapping? is my studio as good as a standard? blah blah blah [/quote']

I think having an off-topic area is great. No doubt it would be dull without one.

I just think people could be more polite and show each other a little more respect.

Sorry man' date=' that ship has sailed. You lost your cred when you asked me to marry you. [-( [/quote']

Oh damn, I did ask you to marry me didn't I?

It's just that everyone bags on me when I talk about weed, and then you just like owned the weed haters....

Oh lord...

[-X

is this fake? is this real? what is topwrapping? is my studio as good as a standard? blah blah blah [/quote']

plus a billion

and i second what bluemoon said about politics V personal attacks, there can be one without the other

What a Studio! That was a joke right? I'm looking for the "J/K", but I don't see one. My Standard would chew up your Studio and make it look like a Mexican made Telecaster with a rash.

As for bluemoon and his whinning about personal attacks. All I got to say about that is "move ta france" ya big sissie!

;) =D>=D>

Archived