Gibson Brands Forums

Time to say goodbye

Flight959

You guys know that last post was a joke, right? I'm not trying to assert some misguided alpha male lead primate thing. I mean being that we all evolved from lesser life forms that formed social structure through a complex system of hierarchy. So then as we ventured onto the great planes and began to use our hind legs as our primary form of mobility, so that we could see over the grasses for the predictors lurking in about. The alpha male took charge and protected the lowly lesser primates in his group. His dominance allowed the rest of the group to gather food and develop higher social structures that included planning and ultimately planning the demise of their alpha male who had become unnecessary due to the advanced technologies of the lesser forms and the fact that the alpha male was a complete ****.

So then I'm not one of those.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been.

Not on my list of things to do' date=' but perhaps if they are all like me, like I am frequently told. I would like it.

[/quote']

What is there not to like:

Great beaches

Lots of topless women on those beaches

Great food

Great wine

Great times eating food and drinking wine with topless women.

thats funny, tim. i think the rest of this forum sucks. i like you guys, but there are much better forums when it comes to guitar knowledge. not to say that people here are dumb, but the hardcore people who know the ins and outs of everything dont reside here.

In October of last year when I started stopping in there was only a hand full of people in the Lounge. Now, in the evening there are dozens. So we lose a few. We gain far more.

I still post guitar stuff from time to time. If I want to know something or just share a pic of a cool guitar, but it's the lounge not the LP forum. All things. Talking guitars in a vacuum is not my thing. That's why I stay in the lounge.

Hey, Tim it's the lounge. The lounge. Get it?

flight isnt allowed to leave

i will hunt him down and kick his a$s until he spends every hour of every day posting

and when he gets tired' date=' or his laptop runs out of battery, then i will make him snail mail his posts to the gibson forums

:D

[/quote']

You just get Basshole to tackle him... that will teach him #-o

Wow' date=' going to wiki and typing in the word lounge, very intelligent.

Don't mind me, Homz - I'm just lounging...[/quote']

I thought I'd save you the trouble. Didn't you ask me to do so?

Tim just post a pic of one of those awesome guitars and I'll say "awesome guitar Tim". Really!

Oh damn' date=' I did ask you to marry me didn't I?

It's just that everyone bags on me when I talk about weed, and then you just like owned the weed haters....

Oh lord...

#-o

[/quote']

Yeah, I know. It is what it is, though, mon. You can dedicate the majority of your life to the pursuit of perfection in guitar playing. You practice for hours. You take gigs that anyone with any pride would never consider. You sacrifice everything for your music...and no one calls you "Oilpit the Great Guitarist". But ask one damned old gray-beard pot farmer to marry you...and you're a Nancy-boy for the rest of your natural life! [-X

In October of last year when I started stopping in there was only a hand full of people in the Lounge. Now' date=' in the evening there are dozens. So we lose a few. We gain far more.

I still post guitar stuff from time to time. If I want to know something or just share a pic of a cool guitar, but it's the lounge not the LP forum. All things. Talking guitars in a vacuum is not my thing. That's why I stay in the lounge.

Hey, Tim it's the lounge. The lounge. Get it?[/quote']

I have to disagree, maybe that is how you see yourself but when you came in this forum was already established with significant traffic. The only reason there is more traffic now is precisely because guys like you keep posting political subjects. So you see, you are part of the problem.

You can say whatever you want but it does not change the way things really are or were.

Archived