Gibson Brands Forums

KISS - You either get it or you don't.

RichCI

I know people in general have a love/hate thing with Kiss. But i am somewhere in the middle actually. Though i'd say I lean a tad towards love. The only part I cant stand is the incessant marketing, specifically seeing Gene Simmons whore himself out constantly.

Theres a guy over here called Robbie Williams' date=' he covered let me entertain you it was a huge hit over here, don't know how well known he ever got over there. My point is I remember the original Kiss Version which is bloody brilliant, don't know much of their music but Let me entertain you stands up alongside the classics.RObbie Williams Version is pretty rocking too.

Robbie Williams, Let Me Entertain You.

He ripped off World Party, one of my favorite bands. Oh well, it made Wallinger alot of money

Yes' date=' I've read that KISS has influenced many bands. I still don't get it. Now Black Sabbath is a totally different story...[/quote']

Well, they do (or did) have their own sound and still be able to change things up for each album instead of putting out the same album over and over. Most bands today don't do this, like Tool for example.

over marketing over time can kill anything... but when you get down to the song writing, alot of it is pretty solid, the unplugged show really can change how you view the music... the raucous 70's stuff is fun, i think when you get around to the trying to be of the times all the time, and market market market, the music can get lost.

Archived