Gibson Brands Forums

Everyone's favorite Les Paul finish?

Corrosion of conformity

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame you. In my humble opinion' date=' that auction is overpriced. I would be very surprised if someone paid that much for a 2006 LP Standard.[/quote']

yep.... i mean its not like its vintage or anything.... the most i would pay for one is $2400 (which is about what a new one would cost a few years ago)....

Never really had GAS for a Custom (except when I almost bought a B7 a few months ago)' date=' but that Candy Apple Red Custom makes me tingle in my swimsuit-area...[/quote']

Ain't it saaweet? Played one back in the mid-90s that I just fell in love with. Solid Mahogany back and top. Christ, must have easily been over 10 lbs, perhaps 12. What a brick. But I like the heavier ones, some don't. Naturally had no money at the time or it would already be in my collection. The new ones have the 60s neck which I can use since my Lifeson has one too but I do like the slightly chunkier neck on the LP.

That's my biggest problem. A) they're too expensive, so I'm only buying one. Too many other wonderful guitars to own to blow it all on just a couple of LPs. :- Can't decide which one to buy cuz there's so freakin' many I like.

Also, liking that Florentine the more I read about it. And, since I'm a trem freak, it or the Axcess are both on my shortlist too.

• 6 months later...

Of the classics - gold top is the best.

Best finish I've seen yet though, assuming the maple is good, is the Les Paul DC Pro w/natural flame maple top.

What can I say - it's mine!

BTW trans amber and root beer are really cool too, also assuming the maple is good, otherwise all bets are off.

The next LP I buy will most likely be a Desert Burst (from the new '08 standards). IMO best finish on the LP. HBC is classic' date=' but the desert burst just looks so much more natural on the Les Paul. Match made in heaven.

[img']http://www2.gibson.com/getdoc/d890d918-bbb9-48c1-8d1f-dd6c13bda225/LPSTDDBCH-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx[/img]

gosh darn gorgeous!!

I love the Heritage cherrry sunburst' date='the ebony with gold,the honey burst,heck.. i love em all!!!!lol[/quote']

I agree the heritage cherry sunburst is something to behold. You gotta see it for yourself to truely love it. I think the other finish that I fell in love with is the Dark Fire (pretty cool stuff).

Archived