Gibson Brands Forums

Gold Top Questions

romanos27

I've got a couple of questions for you regarding gold tops.

1) Has anyone else noticed that the color on a "regular" LP Standard gold top (non-Custom Shop) seems to be a slightly different color than what's on the reissues/historics? Seems less gold to me. Hard to describe, but my gold top seems to just lack something compared to an R6 or R7. Is it just me?

2) Because of the issue above, I am planning to sell my standard and get an R7. So my second question is this: should I go "regular" or "dark back"? Both are cool, but I'm torn. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Brian

I've got a couple of questions for you regarding gold tops.

1) Has anyone else noticed that the color on a "regular" LP Standard gold top (non-Custom Shop) seems to be a slightly different color than what's on the reissues/historics? Seems less gold to me. Hard to describe' date=' but my gold top seems to just lack something compared to an R6 or R7. Is it just me?

2) Because of the issue above, I am planning to sell my standard and get an R7. So my second question is this: should I go "regular" or "dark back"? Both are cool, but I'm torn. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Brian [/quote']

You're right, there is just something off in the coloring between a Standard and a Reissue. R6 or R7 or great choices. As far as dark back to light back, ooh thats a tough choice, but I think the dark backs are more rare and harder to come by.

Archived