Gibson Brands Forums

Dweezil Zappa Gear Auction

So has anybody actually bid on anything here?

Cause there's some respectable gear and guitars up for auction.

The Echopark Echodriver seems to be a very versatile overdrive and distortion pedal.  I like it.

Edited by Californiaman

On 3/31/2024 at 8:34 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

He’s got a lot of pedals.

I'm sure he has a lot more that he isn't selling, but that's really not all that many pedals, says the guy who has about 200 or so pedals of his own sitting around. 

What I can't understand is, why two Korg Miku Stomps? I can understand why he's selling them, but how do you end up with two of those things? Who buys one, and thinks, "You know what I really need? Another Korg Miku Stomp!" 😆

Really... have you guys ever heard that pedal? It's weird and unique, which, as a total pedal nerd, I can appreciate, but that only goes so far... certainly not far enough to warrant having two of them. 

18 minutes ago, Californiaman said:

So has anybody actually bid on anything here?

Cause there's some respectable gear and guitars up for auction.

That Manley looks tempting... but no, I have not bid on it. 

12 hours ago, Californiaman said:

Saw Dweezil at one of the Experience Hendrix shows a couple years ago in Anaheim, CA.  He held his own.  Seemed like he was resigned to his role as No.2 for about five or six  songs if I remember right.

My cousin told me he was at an Experience Hendrix show and he was one of the players. He certainly can - hold his own.

They should get all the YT phenoms who can recreate Jimi’s stuff and tour them.

Who else was there? Vai, Satch, E J?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Phil OKeefe said:

I stand corrected - thanks!

When that came out I was pretty deeply embroiled in pedal geekery. It was one of those things where people had preordered the pedal way before it came out and the response was overwhelming. 

Every weeb and pedal geek wanted one, and lots of people ordered more than one. I can just imagine Dweezil ripping it up with one of those… must have been fun

I gotta ask and maybe we should start another thread or something but if you have over 200 pedals I’d really like to see some of the highlights of your collection. I have a bunch of stuff myself. My personal pièce de résistance has to be my germanium Fuzzrite

2 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I gotta ask and maybe we should start another thread or something but if you have over 200 pedals I’d really like to see some of the highlights of your collection. I have a bunch of stuff myself. My personal pièce de résistance has to be my germanium Fuzzrite

Nice! I don't have a Fuzzrite, but I have always wanted one. 

Here's your new thread. 

I'll try to get some pictures uploaded when I get a chance. I don't have shots of everything, unfortunately, and a lot of what I have are really common items, but I do have some that are fairly rare and/or pretty expensive - Lovetones, Skreddys, Diamonds, a Bi-Phase, some limited editions, etc. 

I put in a bid on three different Dweezil-owned guitars on that site, but was out-bid on all of them. 

Then I posted this message to him, earlier today. 

Dweezil, 
I was doing yard work the other day, and was struck with a great idea. 

What if your next project was a covers album of Carol King songs?
You could get of photo of yourself for the album cover, seated on a window sill bench, with cats. 

Then you could call the album 'Zappestry'. 

🥲

(I'll go ahead and be quiet now.)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I put in a bid on three different Dweezil-owned guitars on that site, but was out-bid on all of them. 

Then I posted this message to him, earlier today. 

Dweezil, 
I was doing yard work the other day, and was struck with a great idea. 

What if your next project was a covers album of Carol King songs?
You could get of photo of yourself for the album cover, seated on a window sill bench, with cats. 

Then you could call the album 'Zappestry'. 

🥲

(I'll go ahead and be quiet now.)

When I was in the Navy floating around in the Persian Gulf, I was listening to Tapestry. One of the guys on the ship came in my shop, and  he said you know the cat on the cover that album is probably dead.  I said yeah more than likely.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Californiaman said:

SO.... has anybody won anything from this auction yet?

I saw the Korg Miku's are all gone.  Two sole for $500.00 and one, in the box mind you, sold for $600.00.

Buy that and if a guy named Frank was your dad that is a sure way to get Dweezil’s tone.