Gibson Brands Forums

Another Pro Stating There Is No Best Guitarists

5 hours ago, IanHenry said:

I'm not a great Hendrix fan, however, where he does shine is his rhythm playing, which is sublime. 

I agree. Most of Electric lady land album to me was self indulgent. His rhythm style has always been great

2 minutes ago, Karloff said:

I agree. Most of Electric lady land album to me was self indulgent. His rhythm style has always been great

That should have been a single album, not a double. To much filler and nonsensical jamming.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That should have been a single album, not a double. To much filler and nonsensical jamming.

I agree. 

Hendrix was just Buddy Guy on Acid ...

19 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I believe I did read every post on here. I'm just not a huge fan of Hendrix. I never really heard anything that impressed me. Yea he was very good, especially for that time, but I don't think he was near as innovative as Jimmy Page. 

Another guitarist that was considered a god by many is Eric Clapton. He just seems boring to me. Like you know what note is coming, somewhat predictable. 

I am a fan of Jeff Beck. I saw him about 3-4 years ago. I was amazed at what he could do with that Strat. 

I know it's all subjective. And being your favorite might not mean you think think they are the best.

My apologies to you.

Hendrix was like a God to me from when I was 12 to 16.  He represented a freedom I didn't have.

I still clearly remember coming out of school on September 18, 1970 and seeing an evening newspaper headline.  Surely this was wrong, some terrible mistake?

However I too am a big, big fan of Jeff Beck..... a true one-off.  Players may copy Jimi, but Beck...... Not possible really.

5 minutes ago, jdgm said:

My apologies to you.

Hendrix was like a God to me from when I was 12 to 16.  He represented a freedom I didn't have.

I still clearly remember coming out of school on September 18, 1970 and seeing an evening newspaper headline.  Surely this was wrong, some terrible mistake?

However I too am a big, big fan of Jeff Beck..... a true one-off.  Players may copy Jimi, but Beck...... Not possible really.

I've always been curious about Jeff Beck, I never owned any of his music, but I knew he was a great player. He was probably 75 years old when I saw him. I was astonished how he used that Strat. "Somewhere over the rainbow" was especially impressive. His right hand work is something to see, using a pick, whammy bar, and the volume all at the same time, it almost sounded like someone singing. He gave a great show, and the blood dripping down on his white pants from his left hand was real. Youtube that song if you have not heard it.

20 minutes ago, jdgm said:

My apologies to you.

I’d certainly take Jeff over Jimi any day. I could throw on Blow By Blow over and over. Jimi’s stuff not so much. Can’t even remember the last time I put him on.