Gibson Brands Forums

Generosity

There is a gent on this forum who saw I bought a J50 with an adjustable bridge, and then proceeded to send me two saddles, one of which he made (rosewood). 

I am humbled. A simple gesture as this truly made me smile, and in a very tough time as well. By the way… would you all mind saying a prayer for my 92 yr old dad. He is in surgery this minute for a broken femur. The old man wants to stick around a bit, and I don’t mind if he does.

Dave, I will be sure to pay your kindness forward. 

thank you

Edited by MorristownSal
  • Like 9

Despite what I’ve seen in life, I still believe people, individually, are good and decent. It is when they start identifying as part of a group (and conforming to its “standards”) that they display behavior that isn’t so good and decent. I hope your father emerged from surgery in good shape and I hope his convalescence is uneventful.

And, yeah, the gift of those saddles is something you could easily pay forward.

• Upvote 1

Wishes for a successful and speedy recovery being sent to your Dad.  

There is another in this merry band of Gibson freaks who I purchased one full and one partial set of early-1930s tuners from.  He wanted no money for himself but asked me to send it in the form of a donation to a children's charity.  As I have an adopted child who had a host of medical issues when he came into our lives, I can only say well played Sir.

Edited by zombywoof
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi all.

DaveF sent me the saddles and I hadn’t a chance to try them out. I will.

Its been a busy month. My dad passed away June 23rd. We buried him last Friday at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. He was my best friend. My mom has been devastated, but found some comfort when I told her about Cardinals, and how they came to our home after my wife’s mother passed a few years ago.

Wouldn't you know it, Cardinals have been newly prevalent in all of my siblings yards, as well as mine and my mom’s.

rest in peace dad. We all know you made it.

Edited by MorristownSal

Sorry to hear Sal, an unfortunate part of life that although is painful is also comforting when you have a good relationship which it sounds like you did. My Dad passed away in 1985 and my Mom in 2011. I still miss them and think of them. 

My father passed away 15 years ago.  I miss him every day.  But in a good way.  I believe he and I will be able to toss the ball back and forth again before too long.    I wish the same for you and your dad.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 6:41 PM, MorristownSal said:

Hi all.

DaveF sent me the saddles and I hadn’t a chance to try them out. I will.

Its been a busy month. My dad passed away June 23rd. We buried him last Friday at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. He was my best friend. My mom has been devastated, but found some comfort when I told her about Cardinals, and how they came to our home after my wife’s mother passed a few years ago.

Wouldn't you know it, Cardinals have been newly prevalent in all of my siblings yards, as well as mine and my mom’s.

rest in peace dad. We all know you made it.

So sorry to hear this.....RIP, Dad.