Gibson Brands Forums

Fair value question. LG-2 American Eagle

Hey fellas and ladies,

what do you think fair value is for a decade old LG-2 American Eagle? The playability is excellent. The headstock chipped. Fretwear minimal, a few scratches and nicks. The Baggs Element replaced with an Anthem. I’m going to see one later today.

back then these were listed at $1700 or $1800 new, and I bought a  couple used for about $1200. One of them still resides with my oldest son. I sense they might be more today, or not?

Depending on age and condition.. $1000-1400.

Thats a guess....I am from the UK and check out Gumtree regularly. There are 2 for sale and have been for weeks. Even by UK standards I think  £1200 is a bargain.

It is competing with the 50s LG2 as well now. However, a few years ago I was at Sam Ash in NYC trying all sorts of high name guitars, including a few Gibsons.

I left feeling the only one that spoke to me was the LG2 AE! I now have the 50s LG2

Well, I looked at it. It sounded great but I didn’t buy it. 

It looked like the neck was glued at some point, and the owner seemed way too eager to ditch it, right after an expensive pickup install.

wow… I practiced impulse control.

On 6/17/2024 at 3:50 PM, MorristownSal said:

Hey fellas and ladies,

what do you think fair value is for a decade old LG-2 American Eagle? The playability is excellent. The headstock chipped. Fretwear minimal, a few scratches and nicks. The Baggs Element replaced with an Anthem. I’m going to see one later today.

back then these were listed at $1700 or $1800 new, and I bought a  couple used for about $1200. One of them still resides with my oldest son. I sense they might be more today, or not?

lymphatic drainage massage vaughan

I've been reading about these, and now I really want to find one. I know they don't make them anymore, so I'll probably have to find one online. Is there a similar guitar I could play to get an idea? I think there were some little changes over the years they made them. Is there a certain year I should look for or avoid? Thanks in advance for any info!

• Like 1