Gibson Brands Forums

strange noise from my LP custom

knkrmnsd

Hi everyone,

I had my LP custom as a present from my parents. I want to ask you a question. I have a Marshall avt100 when I plug my guitar on my amp on drive channel, I hear a noise while I don't touch the strings. I ve changed all my cables but still same. I have Ibanez with duncan sh4 pick up but I don't hear any of this noise from it. and the more I turn up my tone knob, the more noise I hear. what can I do?

Take care..

sorry for my English

I've discovered something that green cable was cut in multi-cable (sorry for my definiton a cable that contains colored wires) how many wires are supposed to came out from this multi cable. I have 4 and 1 cut total 5 wires

I've discovered something that green cable was cut in multi-cable (sorry for my definiton a cable that contains colored wires) how many wires are supposed to came out from this multi cable. I have 4 and 1 cut total 5 wires

how about a pic?

Dude , buy some sheilding paint from Stewart MacDonald and paint the hell out of all the cavities . It will get rid of all the noise ,trust me . Remember to paint the covers too . Use a Q-tip to get the wire channels from the pup cavities while you have it all apart . This will also get you really familiar with your guitar's set-up .

Dude ' date=' buy some sheilding paint from Stewart MacDonald and paint the hell out of all the cavities . It will get rid of all the noise ,trust me . Remember to paint the covers too . Use a Q-tip to get the wire channels from the pup cavities while you have it all apart . This will also get you really familiar with your guitar's set-up .[/quote']

+1 If your grounded and you still have noise, you just gotta shield the cavity.

Archived