Gibson Brands Forums

NGD 2020 Coronet

I was really Jones'n for the new USA 58 Coronet, I had one  one click away ready to buy late at night and fell asleep, when I woke up I freaked and bought the MIC bellow. I have had no problem with MIC version because I believe they built better than the originals,  of which I owned several when they were new. This MIC Coronet is amazing I do have a thing for single P90 JR style guitars. 

rTGfo8p.jpg

Mine played well out of the box, I did raise P90 about a 1/16" using a P90 shim and swapped the input jack with the tone control  for better ergonomics.

It is very possible that I may get the USA  Cornet net year when I get my credit card down a bit. II wouldn't mind having both versions at all. 🙂

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This Junior DC has been one of my favorites, but it weighs almost twice as much as the Coronet. The Gibson P90 in the Junior is killer. The single P90 pickup in both is very versatile with an unusual amount of tone variation just using the tone and volume controls, much more usable than a single humbucker.

qgnixDm.jpg?1

Edited by mihcmac

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2024 at 10:46 AM, 'Scales said:

Nice one[thumbup]

my ‘69 EPI is extremely light and a pleasure to play on the rare occasion I get it out.

I have a custom swamp ash Tele that weighs twice as much as my Coronet, after playing the Tele for a few hours my back was so relieved when I picked the 6 Lb Coronet.

l5LiKpq.jpg

Edited by mihcmac