Gibson Brands Forums

Opinions on Raw Power?

200 in each colour of LP and SG would not exactly be a very limited run! I would expect to see the black, white, natural and maybe gold run out first. I may be wrong but I suspect the yellow ones may be hard to shift. There is no red option as far I have seen.

I do want one and I have had some interest in the guitars I am trying to shift to make room. Can't decide if I really want this one or a classic with P90s though. I think it is this one but the classics are available now I think. I thought I had decided but then saw the wait till June!

what gave you the clue? the headstock of the fact gibson wouldnt ever try a design like that (im just messin with u i know its not a real gibson but i still love it just as much ill ever love a gibson sg) the thing is the maple fretboard and maple body just dont tickle my fancy...once again when i try im mite like it i mite not' date=' but until then im just gunna look at the more tradition sg's[/quote']

No, I already new you had a prophecy and also, you list your guitars under your posts!

I have to say I am torn between the classic and raw power at similar money and to be honest I dont think I will like either one as much as my prophecy (love the slim neck) but I have always wanted a Gibson, the same way I always wanted a Harley and got one and always wanted a rolex and got one (I know other brands are probably better but it is just so iconic I have to have one) and these two options seem to be the best value (I do not like the faded, even for the new low price of $699).

No' date=' I already new you had a prophecy and also, you list your guitars under your posts!

I have to say I am torn between the classic and raw power at similar money and to be honest I dont think I will like either one as much as my prophecy (love the slim neck) but I have always wanted a Gibson, the same way I always wanted a Harley and got one and always wanted a rolex and got one (I know other brands are probably better but it is just so iconic I have to have one) and these two options seem to be the best value (I do not like the faded, even for the new low price of $699).[/quote']

i tried the classic about 3 months after i got my prophecy... like it just as much as the prophecy, the neck is a lot thicker than the prophecy's but it feels just as fast...im saving up for the classic because after playing it i just need it, but ill still play my prophecy just as much as i think its just as good

p.s. PROPHECY IS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE FADED SPECIAL, i think gibson and epiphone should like switch the brands on those two or something because you get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more bang for ur buck with the prophecy

No' date=' I already new you had a prophecy and also, you list your guitars under your posts!

[/quote']

no i know man i know i was just kiddin with ya, just havin a lil fun

but definately try out the classic its amazing

Im off to Nashville in a little over a week from now and will be checking out guitars there. I have to say I am now leaning toward the classic (thanks HBomb for giving me some good advice) but have not ruled out the Raw Power completely. If I cant find one to try though, I am not likely to wait until they become available online and that will leave just the classic or standard to chose between and it will probably come down to the neck although if they are equal in that respect and overall finish the classic with p90s will probably be the winner.

Archived