Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Jimi Hendrix “Love Drops” Flying V

Rabs

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Jimi

Correct. That name was actually painted on as part of his original's hand-painted graphics. It's on the side, near one of the inside parts of one of the wings, near the bridge and controls. 

On 9/4/2024 at 4:27 PM, SteveFord said:

I don't want to know what Love  Drops are.

Who comes up with this stuff?

Love drops can be cured with Penicillin.  (Not that I am speaking from experience.)

Edited by tx-ogre
  • Like 1

Feh!

I hope these "flying vee" monstrosities just fly right on outta here.

Again, what's that odor in the air that the Gibson marketing department people are smelling?

It's the delicious aroma of money burning holes in some people's pockets.

Make that a double, or triple feh.

RBSinTo

14 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Feh!

I hope these "flying vee" monstrosities just fly right on outta here.

Again, what's that odor in the air that the Gibson marketing department people are smelling?

It's the delicious aroma of money burning holes in some people's pockets.

Make that a double, or triple feh.

RBSinTo

Cesar gets richer and they just make more Slash sig and TM models you guys and I didn’t leave you gals out either, must be what they think you want. It’s 85% of what they do now.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 9/6/2024 at 9:02 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’m allergic to it. I’m screwed.

Well, only seems natural since screwing is what causes the “love drops” and the need for Penicillin.

”Why does it hurt when I pee?”

”My balls feel like a pair of Maracas.  Oh god, I probably got the ghono,ca,ca,ca,cas.”

Edited by tx-ogre
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, slimt said:

Cashing in on dead entertainers

Gibson sees it as paying tribute, while cashing in on dead entertainers. I guess the J Cash one is too? There were a few Elvis ones. Got to be lots more.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gibson sees it as paying tribute, while cashing in on dead entertainers. I guess the J Cash one is too? There were a few Elvis ones. Got to be lots more.

I am sure there are alot more 

On 9/6/2024 at 3:02 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’m allergic to it. I’m screwed.

Me too. 

And Vs.

I'm allergic to anything a showman would play. I couldn't even touch one without surgical gloves on. If I did, my whole body would become engulfed in a toxic tattoo resembling that floral psychedelic guitar finish. (shudder!!!)

On 9/8/2024 at 9:04 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I just don't get the above thinking.

Many things we buy today are off the backs of Engineers  patents they no longer get a dime for. I have three patents and long after I die I'm sure the company I work for will continue to make money from it, which I could care less because I'll be dead.

I think it's great that Musical Instrument Companies put out tribute models for musicians to enjoy, and I hope they continue to do so. 

33 minutes ago, duane v said:

I just don't get the above thinking.

Many things we buy today are off the backs of Engineers  patents they no longer get a dime for. I have three patents and long after I die I'm sure the company I work for will continue to make money from it, which I could care less because I'll be dead.

I think it's great that Musical Instrument Companies put out tribute models for musicians to enjoy, and I hope they continue to do so. 

Probably because a guitar can be thousands of dollars (especially limited edition ones), which the man it’s named after gets $0 from it, and the company that makes it gets it all. It goes way beyond selling a t-shirt or a copy of one of his albums. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper