Gibson Brands Forums

how come only on the site and not at the shop ?

marco mancini

Hello there everybody , can  anybody enlighten me why this guitar can only be bought on the gibson site and not pre order at the shop ?

cheers  to everybody !

https://www.gibson.com/it-IT/p/Acoustic-Guitar/J-45-Standard-Blueberry-Burst/Blueberry-Burst-In-esclusiva

Edited by marco mancini

16 hours ago, slimt said:

Do you really want one? 

He apparently tried to order one.   So....  

OP -   I  would guess it's just logistics.  This is a certain type of 'exclusive'.  They have different levels or channels of 'distribution' based on their agreements with regular dealers and 5 star dealers.  Different 'runs' available through different channels.     I appreciate that being in Italy, you're going to have more difficulty placing the order.  I'd start by accepting the fact you have to work with Gibson directly and hope that when they realize you are not in the US - taxes, customs, shipping, insurance, etc become a concern and they already have someone to help you  navigate through it all.   Never Give Up. Never !   

One thing is the Guitar Companies make so many Models & Colors now. Unless you live in a bigger City it’s difficult to find what you want. 

All of the new Guitars I’ve bought in the past 5 years+ have been purchased online because I can’t find them in Stores where I live. I just work with the big Online Dealers who have excellent Customer Service, great Return/Exchange policies, big Inventory & post Pics, Weight & Specs of each actual Guitar on their website.

1 hour ago, marco mancini said:

hello there mates !   well it is not money issue  , i would love to see it  in the shop  and have the guarantee  that everything is ok as far as the quality is concerned , on acoustics  you must be careful !

You might have to travel to see & play one or two. Would a city like Rome have a major Guitar Shoppe that Stocks a huge Inventory? You could Call ahead & arrange a date.

Even being in Southern California I have to drive 3 hours to a big Store that has a huge Inventory of New  & Used Guitars.

Edited by Larsongs

36 minutes ago, marco mancini said:

I bet the state of California  cannot even be compared to Italy as far as guitar shops are concerned  and the choices you can have  there , i mean  my Firebird III custom shop  was bought in Burbank   CA   , in italy  you can only dream of seeing guitars like those hanging  on a wall !

You guys probably have better picks of Ferrari’s than we do in the states.

9 hours ago, marco mancini said:

I bet the state of California  cannot even be compared to Italy as far as guitar shops are concerned  and the choices you can have  there , i mean  my Firebird III custom shop  was bought in Burbank   CA   , in italy  you can only dream of seeing guitars like those hanging  on a wall !

California is a big State. Bigger than a lot of Countries. Yeah, there a lot of Guitar stores here. The Stores with the biggest & best selection are in big Cities like L.A., San Francisco & a few others. Most of the Guitar Stores only inventory Entry & Mid level Guitars. Plus a few of the most popular best selling higher end Guitars. Like Gibson J45 Standards & Martin D28’s. Maybe a few others & some used Guitars. Lots of Stores like the latter.

6 hours ago, Larsongs said:

California is a big State. Bigger than a lot of Countries. Yeah, there a lot of Guitar stores here. The Stores with the biggest & best selection are in big Cities like L.A., San Francisco & a few others. Most of the Guitar Stores only inventory Entry & Mid level Guitars. Plus a few of the most popular best selling higher end Guitars. Like Gibson J45 Standards & Martin D28’s. Maybe a few others & some used Guitars. Lots of Stores like the latter.

California has the fifth largest economy of any country on the planet.