Gibson Brands Forums

Do You Soap-up Before you Pick-up?

max2343

Haha,

I always wash my hands before I dig the tone of my Les Paul! Then I spit on the fretboard and wipe it down with my underpants for a serious silky feel (lol).

After playing I wipe down the fretboard and pickups with a dry cloth (that's serious).

Haha' date='

I always wash my hands before I dig the tone of my Les Paul! Then I spit on the fretboard and wipe it down with my underpants for a serious silky feel (lol).

After playing I wipe down the fretboard and pickups with a dry cloth (that's serious).

[/quote']

man, i allmost thought you ment it...

yes I do...mostly because I have OCD and I always wash my hands...

Seriously to take some oil off to cut down on build up and prints. Yes I am that anal retentive.

This is the reason even though I Love the look of an ebony gibson I can't buy one...they show prints too much and it drives me crazy...I know it makes no sense...it is a sickness.

yes I do...mostly because I have OCD and I always wash my hands...

Seriously to take some oil off to cut down on build up and prints. Yes I am that anal retentive.

This is the reason even though I Love the look of an ebony gibson I can't buy one...they show prints too much and it drives me crazy...I know it makes no sense...it is a sickness.

I would love a "White" Les Paul in the future, also Ebony

Not only do I almost always wash 1st......

About once a month, I use an abrasive sanding block on the palm, and inner fingers of my neck hand.

This greatly reduces friction on the neck.

ALSO, on my "Insert various name brands besides Gibson here" poly finished guitars, I gently break the glaze on the neck with #0000 Ultra Fine grade steel wool, leaving a truly satin finish, and greatly reducing friction.

But, thats just me, and i'm quite insane.

No dude I don't. I really should. Because I notice gunk building up under the strings so quickly because I don't wash my hands. I'm trying to convince myself mentally to start doing that now... one of my goals for this week =D>

Never, and I always play after some fish and chips... all my guitars have really nice creamy greassy fast necks.

Just kidding.

What's next thread gonna be? Fingernails: clean or dirty?

My hole point was that My 07 White Gibson was babied and kept real clean but I never washed my hands before playing it and started to notice dirty spots on the back of the neck.

After cleaning and waxing it it real good and seeing all the **** coming off of it. I started washing my hands before I picked it up and noticed that even if I thought my hands were clean, they weren't.

So that's what I'm doing now, Soaping up before I pick up any of my Guitars.

Archived