Gibson Brands Forums

Uncle Ted quotes

Basshole

164930__nugent_l.jpg16094395-16094398-slarge.jpg

Ted's one of those guys that looks cooler with Big Guitars. The Les Paul Looks kinda small on him.

Ted should learn to do a proper salute. Oh, I forgot he didn't actually go to military did he. Hmm, how old is he?

I hope your were posting those quotes to demonstrate what a dope Nugent has become.

Nugent is the rush limbaugh of rock. One of those loud mouths we have to put up with in a free country.

Yeah, and a fairly crappy guitar player, too, IMO.

Nugent is excellent for a potty mouth, but that's just him.

Funny story when I was living in Texas one of his homes was about 35 miles from where I lived. He spoke at one of the Highschools on their anti-drug day. They had a huge crowd of kids and parents because everyone wants to see uncle ted. He started into his talk and began cussing because that's just him. They didn't invite him back the next year.

Yeah' date=' and a fairly crappy guitar player, too, IMO.[/quote']

Agreed.

I would have said that myself, but I didn't want to set off any of the cry babies on here by calling him a right wing dope AND a sorry assed guitar player in the same post. :) =D>

Ted has the best show set up ever. He hires local sound so he doesn't have to lug sound gear around. He has one truck with gear. There are three rolling meat racks we call em you roll out the first one and half the Cabs are on it and ready to go. Than you roll out the drum riser it has all the drum cases and guitar heads ect... on it. Pull em out set them up. Than the third rack roll it out all the other cabs are on it ready to go. bolt em together and set up a few wolves and bears and it's show time 45 min load in. Brilliant.

Seriously, Ted's Show is one of the best Rock Guitar Shows you can go to. this was like 12 years ago, and he just Owned the stage. Bad Company (without Paul Rodgers) opened, and ted just blew them away. He used his Byrdland on the last song, and just left it there feeding back on the stage with the spot light on it.

He's and egotistical, opinionated, right wing, pushy, Asshole. Just like my favorite Actor, John Wayne. They don't have to come from the same side of the aisle to entertain me.

I've been fortunate enough to see Uncle Ted in action about twelve times. I went to his concerts whenever he came within a hundred miles of my home. The man is an excellent guitarist, a great American, and crazy as hell on the stage.

I read a quote from him in a book I had as a kid, when I first picked up the guitar. He said to become a great guitar player you should practice, practice, practice. Practice until you have a guitar shaped whelt across your chest and your fingers bleed. Then pick up your guitar and practice some more.

Well said, I think.

Archived