Gibson Brands Forums

Trolls of London

Basshole

I was making a ref. from the song "Warewolfs of London" you know, get it......uhhh.......i was trying to make a spin off..........uhhhh......yea.

It seems most of the problem comes from the UK

no offence to you

Giant,

Your first impression was probly not the best compared to other memebers of this site, your somewhat on a short chain, be respectful of others and Im certain you will enjoy your time on the gibson fourms.

I really joined in hopes of having a nice place to kill some time... but instead I get that batty boy guitarest calling me names and arguing with me

Well your opening statement was probly not the best thing to say

What's up sons of *****es' date=' new member here' date=' lurked for more than 6 months but decided to join out of boredom.[/quote'']

in the USA

You mess with the bull you get horns

In the UK

you mess with the sea walruss you get the tusks.

I don't quite understand all the reference or syntax going down here - but would I be correct in saying that, Bassshole, you feel most of the garbage troll posts are UK based? And if that IS what you think, could / would you explain why you think that.

I ask because, as a Limey myself, I would hate to be tarred with that broad brush, and in fact I noted a few of those extreme political and religious posts - and surmised that most of the offensive and / or extreme posts seemed (spelling, grammar, word-use and views expressed) to be American. I am interested in your take on it.....

.....for example - you couldn't hide YOUR identity, because you come on like.....

No offence to are vet. members (Flight, Guitarist, and others that may I may not have named) most of these "questionable" memebers seem to be coming from across the pond.

.....which is very distinctly YOU because you type fast and as it comes (no criticism, it's you coming through without pretence and better for it - but it IS you.....) - so I wonder what you picked up that says the trolls are UK based. And most interestingly - who DO you think Giant actually used to be. PM if you don't want ot go public.

I don't quite understand all the reference or syntax going down here - but would I be correct in saying that' date=' [b']Bassshole[/b], you feel most of the garbage troll posts are UK based? And if that IS what you think, could / would you explain why you think that.

Guest it is a joke

But then again we had giant, capslock, the holy hand grenade, and other I dont rememeber start a muck, Im not saying that the UK is responsable for all the problems, this is just me being me and stating a fact and a onesided opinion

I ask because, as a Limey myself, I would hate to be tarred with that broad brush, and in fact I noted a few of those extreme political and religious posts - and surmised that most of the offensive and / or extreme posts seemed (spelling, grammar, word-use and views expressed) to be American. I am interested in your take on it.....

I know guest, I know you are a respectful member here, I wouldnt neglect you. You cool, sometimes you just dont understand what im saying

1. because I type to fast and I misspell words offten

2. I have adhd jk

No offence guest, dont over analyze what im saying.

.....for example - you couldn't hide YOUR identity, because you come on like.....

No offence to are vet. members (Flight, Guitarist, and others that may I may not have named) most of these "questionable" memebers seem to be coming from across the pond.

.....which is very distinctly YOU because you type fast and as it comes (no criticism, it's you coming through without pretence and better for it - but it IS you.....) - so I wonder what you picked up that says the trolls are UK based. And most interestingly - who DO you think Giant actually used to be. PM if you don't want ot go public.

I think that the trolls come from the UK' date=' because you guys in Britain are forced to drink warm beer, eat kidney pie and your Queen is short...That's got to mess up a person's general outlook on life...I'm just sayin'[/quote']

No one forces us to drink warm beer. Beer shouldn't be served cold, lager is served cold. That would be steak and kidney pie and like cherry pie, it's damn fine! I've no idea how long the Queen is though.

The Queen looking like a Horse I would have thought is more noticeable than her Ewok height =D>

Yes Beer is warm and Lager is cold and as for Pie I live off Pizza, Pasta, Enchalados and Indian meals! God!! our portions are stingy here compared to the Amercians though!

I had 2 slices of pizza while I was in NH last year and it filled me up for hours (it was like almost 2 pizza express pizzas!!!)

Back on topic-I suspect some trolls are saying they come from places they don't..would a troll really be honest about their location :-# !

Matt

Dagnabit but there y'all go again.

Who are these re-invented trolls. Name names, point fingers.....

.....I am a Limey and just don't get the deep subtleties and ironic twists of our US posting friends.

For me - you have to write it down plain in black and white.

But I do like this American thing were you come on the forum, say something like, erm, I dunno.....

Most American musicians these days are in it for the money not the music.

.....and then say 'aww - I was just kidding' or 'hey - it's a joke'.

That is so cool:-"

Archived