Gibson Brands Forums

50th R9 Marketing!!!!!!!!!

canon_mutant

OK, can you tell the difference between these? Granted, minor differences in flame but are the colors different?

Light Burgandy Burst = Shows no pup covers or pickguard but does come with them

112364401.jpg

Cognac Burst

112364403.jpg

And these?

Burnt Orange Burst

112364594.jpg

Atlanta Burst

112364595.jpg

The outer layer of color on the cognac burst seems ever so slightly darker than that of the light Burgandy burst.

The burnt orange burst seems to be slightly more red and cover while the outer on the atlanta seems more red/brown-ish and slightly more transparent.

Easy for me to look closely here on pics but if I saw them in RL quick or on stage I could not have seen the difference

Your monitor might not be showing the colors as they really are. Invest in a better monitor, or at least calibrate your current one. The differences in the bursts might be subtle, but subtle things can affect a $3k or more guitar purchase.

They all look different to me.

I think what they're trying to do is simulate the various stages at which a burst fades.

At least Gibson is offering a variety of colours this year. More than the typical Washed Cherry, Iced Tea & Faded Tobacco.

Canon...

I love that first guitar!.....Zebra coils and beautiful flame. Very nice.

Yup, me too. That's why I put it first. Though the second one ain't bad.

That said, my local GC is trying to get me 9-9580 which is in the Cognac range since it's serial number backwards is my birth month and year. The reason it didn't ship anywhere is they screwed it up and trashed it but WILL be replacing it to keep the number of Cognacs consistent with the other colors. If my local GC can pull it off and they feel confident they can, the guitar looks and plays like it should, that's the route I'll probably go.

You guys must just have way better eyes than I do. I have HD monitors on both computers and I don't see differences beyond the flame variations to warrant a "new color". With what little "color" variation there is, I've seen that much variation in models of the same color.

Not a big deal . . . just found it interesting all these NEW colors they're producing that are so similar.

My take: Judging only by the pictures, I would say that the first two look just the same in color. But the other two are really not equal. Just similar.

By the way, I have a seaffom gream tolex amp and everytime someone takes a picture or video it turns out blue on the screen. I don't know what's the deal.

You guys must just have way better eyes than I do. I have HD monitors on both computers and I don't see differences beyond the flame variations to warrant a "new color". With what little "color" variation there is' date=' I've seen that much variation in models of the same color.[/quote']

The first two guitars are similar but they have different shades of red.

To me, the Atlanta Burst looks like a Burnt Orange Burst that's been in the sun for 100 hours.

Far less red throughout the entire top.

canon, you haven't bought a 2009 R9 yet? What the h*ll are you waiting for? =D>

You only turn 50 once...

Archived