Gibson Brands Forums

“The Collection” Gibson Sunburst Les Paul Set of 3

Benoit Trow

I respectfully disagree' date=' with the down-turn in the economy it's an ideal time to buy AND, is there any real doubt that a '59 will hit the million dollar mark sooner rather than later?[/quote']

the market for vintage instruments is softer now than it was...prices are coming down because of the economy.

59s can be had for $250k or less.

Ok' date=' I have something here and I will just throw it out and you guys can do whatever you want with it... I have the same set, and am willing to let go of it for just 750K [-X[/quote']

I'm there!!! . . . . . Will you take a check? :-k

Remember the rule of thumb...

1958/59/60 were years. Not a secret formula for God like tones and playability.

They could sound flatter then piss on a plate.

This is the argument I have with some ...ummmm how do I say this politely * butt kissers and snobs* over

at the Les Paul forum. If you own a vintage Lester, especially a '59 you could easily get orally pleasured by

a whole slew of guys over there.

They should be called "The Les Paul Lemmings" ......send hate mail to me. Im a big boy. lol

Remember the rule of thumb...

They could sound flatter then piss on a plate.

This is the argument I have with some ...ummmm how do I say this politely * butt kissers and snobs* over

at the Les Paul forum. If you own a vintage Lester' date=' especially a '59 you could easily get orally pleasured by

a whole slew of guys over there.

They should be called "The Les Paul Lemmings" ......send hate mail to me. Im a big boy. lol[/quote']

:-

I wonder how sought after they'd be if Page never picked one up? Just Page, not the rest of the greats.

Ever look at the prices of a JP signature Les Paul? They're retarded...

The real shame here is that the one who buys them, probably can't even play - not what is intended.

Thats probably what will happen. Its great that they will live a comfy life, but theyre Les Pauls...they need to be played, not just looked at or kept in a vault.

Tell you what....Lotto 6/49 was $40 million last night...Ill check my ticket. If I win, those 3 sweeties are coming home to me...But I sure as hell wouldnt pay what hes asking. Dangle the cash in front of him....hell sell for less.

I'm sure you guys have seen this video but I think it's great and brings things back to reality.

Yes, it's comparing apples to oranges, a solid body to a semi-hollow, PAFs to P-90s, new to old, etc...but it's also comparing a brand new $3,000 Gibson to a six-figure vintage Les Paul that is perceived as being the absolute best guitar of all time. I don't know about you but I'd be ashamed of my vintage, $250K burst after that.

Archived