Gibson Brands Forums

longhorn doublecut pics

I thought there was something up when they discontinued the LP Double cut.

It is funny that Gibson is going all techno all of a sudden. I guess they think that is the future.

I guess they think there will be a whole generation of "guitar heros" . Self playing guitar next?

I thought there was something up when they discontinued the LP Double cut.

It is funny that Gibson is going all techno all of a sudden. I guess they think that is the future.

I guess they think there will be a whole generation of "guitar heros" . Self playing guitar next?

Dman man, you are so right... i already dont care about the future!

Replacement for the DC, that's the first thing that occured to me too. Overall I like it but ...

Doesn't have a carved top, which is what turns me on about Gibby's in the first place.

Can do without the EMG's. Although, I must admit I have no expierence with them whatsoever.

I like the idea of having a piezo pickup.

Seems way, way over priced for what it is. If it was a grand less I would give it some serious consideration but in that price range there are much nicer guitars.

Gonna pass on this one Gibson -

Can do without the EMG's. Although' date=' I must admit I have no expierence with them whatsoever.

Seems way, way over priced for what it is. If it was a grand less I would give it some serious consideration but in that price range there are much nicer guitars.[/quote']

EMGs - don't knock 'em until you try 'em. I've got a pair in my SG and they're incredible.

The prices on Gibson's website are way off. Would you pay $3,800 for a LP Standard? The DC is more like $2,200.

• 4 months later...

Hello all" I just received the Longhorn from MF, It's as pretty as the picture they show , and real light too. But I am abit conern that the only docs. I got with it is the checkoff list and a manaul for the robot guitar.

Dose anyone know were I can find out what suppose to come with this guitar?

The emgs are ok but seem kinda of plain sounding , but than again I'm not using a real good amp, I got a calibrated set of gold cover mules (bare knuckels pickups). Do you think I should replace the emgs or keep them on for collectors sake?

Thank You

This isnt mine so i dunno if this is what your looking for. I found it in the sg section' date=' the guy thought it was an sg junior but im pretty sure its a lp double cut.

[img']http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c225/fedora1951/lp1.jpg[/img]

That definately is a LP Doublecut. The SG has horns, not rounded edges. Plus, there has never been a stock SG with that kind of pickguard. Also, every guitar in the Junior series has 1 P90, never 2.