Gibson Brands Forums

what amp do you all use your lp with? i just scored a bassman

blueslespaultone

hey, i just picked up a Bassman RI (on loan) at first i could't get it to growl however i spent a hour with it and came up with a setting that is great. i have always used twins cranked up to 10, sometimes it's a bit too much, the people i played with in NYC required behavior like that. what i do is this. plug in the bright #1 then run a jumper between #2 and normal #1, normal vol. max, bright vol. 5 or better bass, 5, treble 0, mid max, presence 3-4

then stand back. i'm playing a '93 special. i must say it's quite a spiritual experience.

I haven't owned a Les Paul in years.

But my amp is a Boogie....

<<<------------------------

A bassman is very high on the list of cool amps....

You win!

Murph.

Always been a Marshall. Back in the '70s, a 100W SLP stack, now a 50W MGDFX. Good luck with the Bassman, nice amp!!!!

AL 028

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1972 LP Custom (1954 Black Beauty RI)

1976 LP Deluxe

2008 Alex Lifeson ES-355 "Inspired By" (AL 028)

2001 Fender Stratocaster (USA)

Phil,

That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

AL 028

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1972 LP Custom (1954 Black Beauty RI)

1976 LP Deluxe

2008 Alex Lifeson ES-355 "Inspired By" (AL 028)

2001 Fender Stratocaster (USA)

Thanks Pink_Floyd and Al208.

Yeah the finish was a bonus, but what's more important is that it's got unbelievable acoustic sustain.

A dealer friend of mine contacted me from the States raving on about this R0 he had come across, so he sent it over to me. Awesome..

HumphreyA.jpg

Message from another Phill to phil47uk - I am SO in love with your guitar! ](*,)

Here's my amp:

Marshall-AVT-50-2.jpg

A Marshall AVT-50: ideal for the complete doofus, who finds all this re-biasing stuff a bit off-putting... I've also got a little 5w tube amp, but prefer to just use Fenders with that one.

Message from another Phill to phil47uk - I am SO in love with your guitar! :D

Here's my amp:

Marshall-AVT-50-2.jpg

A Marshall AVT-50: ideal for the complete doofus' date=' who finds all this re-biasing stuff a bit off-putting... I've also got a little 5w tube amp, but prefer to just use Fenders with that one.

[/quote']

Nice amp..

I met Jim marshall a few years back, he's a really nice genuine guy. I have had many Marshalls over the years and they are great cranked on a blues gig, but for all round gigs I prefer Fender for the clarity at lower volumes.

I used to use an old JCM 800 split channel combo that had been retolexed in a dark red snakeskin, just replaced it with a Vintage Modern 2466 as my main amp though but I'm tempted to get an aby box and try using them together because while I love the VM, the digital reverb stinks compared to my 800's spring reverb. Still I'm over the moon with the VM overall, just like a hotrodded plexi =;

Archived