Gibson Brands Forums

Suggestions on how to not kill the neighbors or get involved with the cops.

Madguitarist78

I am currently looking at a JCM 800 2203. I ABSOLULTLY love the classic sounds that amp can make!

However I have one problem. I realize that the best way to get a great sound from them is to REALLY drive them. However living in the suburbs this is not possible on a day to day basis. Is there anything i can do to be able to get amazing sounds from this amp without getting arrested??

Many thanks,

Read

I had the advantage of growing up in a house that had a creek behind it and the main road behind that. So when I saw the cops coming down the road I quickly put the amp inside. Drove my parent's neighbor nuts (actually our neighbor and my parents did not get along so my parents didn't mind).

Get a hotplate or Soak (same thing different name)

And that would be??

I had the advantage of growing up in a house that had a creek behind it and the main road behind that. So when I saw the cops coming down the road I quickly put the amp inside. Drove my parent's neighbor nuts (actually our neighbor and my parents did not get along so my parents didn't mind).

LOL!! Very nice!!

Tons of attenuators out there to look at and different people have reported different results. Usually the more you spend the better the result. The really cheap ones you find on ebay are resistive loads only, not reactive. In a nutshell it means that it will suck tone bigtime. I personally just started running a Koch Loadbox 2. It's amazing and built like a tank -- but not the cheapest of attenuators. It does come with some really cool features though.

THD Hotplate

Koch Loadbox 2

Dr Z Air Brake

Weber MASS

Archived